Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Porchlight International for the Missing & Unidentified. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jones, Aaron 12/2016; Las Vegas missing 13 yo child
Topic Started: Apr 27 2017, 06:23 PM (39 Views)
Begood
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Decomposed child remains found in Las Vegas may be missing boy, Aaron Jones

by Leigh Egan
April 27, 2017


Las Vegas authorities confirmed human remains were found on Tuesday, and they’re investigating whether the body is a missing 13-year-old boy.

Las Vegas Now reports that on Tuesday afternoon at around 3:30 p.m., Aaron’s cousins discovered a body behind the Siegel Suites off of Boulder Highway, in an isolated area. The family said that the remains were Aaron’s, but the body was so badly decomposed that it was impossible to make an immediate positive identification. Authorities said that the small body was wrapped inside a plastic bag. Aaron’s family lived at the Siegel Suites for a short period of time last year.

According to Metropolitan Police Department’s Lt. Dan McGrath, the family has a history of run-ins with Child Protective Services. Aaron’s father, Paul Darell Jones, is currently behind bars on child abuse charges. In 2015, he pleaded guilty to the child abuse charge and was placed on probation. This year, he broke probation rules and was taken to jail on April 1. He’s currently housed at the Clark County Detention Center.

On Wednesday, Paul Jones learned of the discovered remains and told authorities that he never harmed his son.

“If it is him, It’s going to crush me because I would never do that to any child. I even took the effort to go out and look for him also, so it ain’t like I didn’t do nothing.”
Aaron was last seen December 2016, yet his family didn’t report him missing until April 14, 2017. On Wednesday, Paul Jones explained why he didn’t report his son missing until months later. He said his son ran away in February, but he was afraid to call the police due to an outstanding warrant. It’s unclear why there are contradictions regarding the month Aaron disappeared.

“Been looking for him ever since he went missing. I couldn’t call the police or nothing, but I still been looking for him.”
Police said that evidence suggests the body found behind the suites had been there for months. The Las Vegas Coroner/Medical Examiner (CCOCME) is currently trying to positively identify the remains.

The story is still developing. Check back with Crime Online as additional details become available.
http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/04/27/deco...oy-aaron-jones/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Begood
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
NCMEC
Attached to this post:
Attachments: Aaron_Jones_missing_.jpg (53.05 KB)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Begood
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Police: Father Admitted Killing Boy Found Dead in Vacant Lot
A father with a history of child abuse and his girlfriend are facing murder charges in the death of a 13-year-old boy whose remains were found in a makeshift grave in Las Vegas.

| April 28, 2017, at 7:15 p.m.
MORE

Police: Father Admitted Killing Boy Found Dead in Vacant Lot

The Associated Press
In this undated booking photo provided by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department shows Paul Darell Jones, 33, of Las Vegas. Jones was arrested April 1, 2017, on a probation violation in a misdemeanor child abuse case, and and was being held pending a court appearance on a murder charge in the death of his 13-year-old son. Police say the boy's remains were found in a vacant lot several miles southeast of downtown Las Vegas. (Clark County Detention Center/Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department via AP) THE ASSOCIATED PRESS


LAS VEGAS (AP) — A father with a criminal history of child abuse told detectives his 13-year-old son died after falling to the floor when he struck him in the face, and he put the boy's body in a makeshift grave in a vacant lot, according to a police report made public Friday.

The Las Vegas police account of a Wednesday interview with Paul Darell Jones didn't pinpoint when Aaron Jones died. But it said Aaron's sister told police that her brother disappeared in late December.

Aaron and his sister were among 13 children living at the time with the father in a one-bedroom short-stay apartment not far from where the boy's body was found Tuesday, the police report said.

The Clark County coroner said it could take several weeks to the boy's cause of death.

Paul Jones and his girlfriend, Latoya Williams-Miley, both 33, are each facing murder charges in Aaron's death.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/nev...year-olds-death
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
« Previous Topic · Located/Identified · Next Topic »
Add Reply