| Welcome to Porchlight International for the Missing & Unidentified. We hope you enjoy your visit. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Join our community! If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features: |
| CAM120717 July 17, 2012; San Mateo | |
|---|---|
| Tweet Topic Started: Jul 30 2012, 08:31 AM (433 Views) | |
| tatertot | Jul 30 2012, 08:31 AM Post #1 |
|
Advanced Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
http://www.smdailyjournal.com/article_prev...ck%20by%20train Coroner releases sketch of man fatally struck by train July 04, 2012, 05:00 AM By Michelle Durand Daily Journal Staff The Coroner’s Office hopes an artist’s rendering may help investigators identify a man fatally struck by a Caltrain while riding his mobility scooter in San Mateo two weeks ago. Coroner Robert Foucrault called in an artist to do sketches based on viewing the body and the depiction will be circulated throughout downtown. “Now that we have a sketch, we’re really hoping somebody will recognize him,” Foucrault said. Authorities have received word from a few individuals that the man was often seen near Talbot’s Toy Store at B Street and Fourth Avenue in San Mateo but they do not know his name, Foucrault said. The store is not that far from where the man died Thursday, June 21. The man, riding a Go-Go Pride Mobility Scooter, was hit by a southbound train just before 5 p.m. that night at Fifth Avenue in San Mateo. A Caltrain spokeswoman said he tried maneuvering around the lowered gates and was struck, making him the 10th death on the tracks this year. The Coroner’s Office ran the man’s fingerprints through numerous databases including the FBI and military but did not receive a match. The visible serial number on the scooter was scratched out and the manufacturer found a hidden number but determined the vehicle had been sold to several people. “There’s just not a good enough paper trail,” Foucrault said. The man is white with brown eyes and short gray hair. He has a mustache and was possibly in his late 50s or early 60s. He has no tattoos or other distinguishing marks. He last wore classic fit khaki pants size 36x32 and classic fit black short-sleeve shirt, both from Old Navy, a black pea coat, black socks with gold toes and black leather rounded toe slip-on shoes size 10. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Coroner’s Office at 312-5562. ![]()
|
![]() |
|
| tatertot | Jul 30 2012, 08:32 AM Post #2 |
|
Advanced Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10424 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/10424 |
![]() |
|
| mimi | Sep 2 2012, 08:48 PM Post #3 |
|
Advanced Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Caltrain tracks reopen after man's death Marisa Lagos Published 8:06 p.m., Thursday, June 21, 2012 http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Calt...ath-3653778.php (06-21) 20:06 PDT SAN MATEO -- Caltrain officials reopened train tracks in both directions around 7:45 Thursday evening, several hours after a man was struck and killed in San Mateo , a spokeswoman for the agency said. The man went around lowered gates in an electric wheelchair around 4:50 p.m. before being hit by a southbound train at Fifth Avenue, spokeswoman Christine Dunn said. Train tracks in both directions were reopened, but trains remain delayed by 30 to 90 minutes, Dunn said. BART is accepting Caltrain tickets, she added. It is the 10th Caltrain fatality this year, Dunn said. The San Mateo County Coroner is investigating the cause of death. Marisa Lagos is a Chronicle staff writer. E-mail: mlagos@sfchronicle.com Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Calt...p#ixzz25MoluRRG |
![]() |
|
| mimi | Sep 2 2012, 08:50 PM Post #4 |
|
Advanced Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
How is it possible that this man is not recognized? We have a couple of people riding these things around town and everyone knows who they are even if they have never met them. |
![]() |
|
| tatertot | Sep 20 2012, 08:10 AM Post #5 |
|
Advanced Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
http://www.mercurynews.com/san-mateo-count...e-killed-at-san Authorities release sketches of John Doe killed at San Mateo Caltrain crossing By Joshua Melvin Posted: 09/19/2012 06:17:23 AM PDT Updated: 09/19/2012 06:17:46 AM PDT SAN MATEO -- Authorities released sketches Tuesday they hope will help identify a man struck and killed on Caltrain tracks nearly three months ago. The man, now dubbed John Doe No. 12-11, has remained nameless since he died near East Fifth Avenue in San Mateo June 21. Authorities made various attempts, including a previous appeal to the public, to try and connect the man with his identity. Up until now, investigators have been able determine John Doe was Caucasian, between 60 and 75 years old, about 5 feet, 5 inches tall, and weighed 130 pounds. He had brown eyes, gray or silver hair cut in a flat top style and a mustache. A key piece of evidence is the electric wheelchair the man was using. It's called a "Go-Go Pride Mobility Scooter," but no information gleaned from the device has led to the man's name. Authorities said that on the day he died, John Doe wore a black Fumagalli brand pea coat, Old Navy Classic Fit button-down, black short sleeved shirt and black Old Navy pants. Anyone with information that can help identify John Doe can call the San Mateo County Coroner's Office at 650-312-5562. |
![]() |
|
| « Previous Topic · Unidentified Males 2012 · Next Topic » |





![]](http://z6.ifrm.com/static/1/pip_r.png)





9:35 AM Jul 11