Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to IHCC Computer Networking Club. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
what is skillsusa
Topic Started: Oct 11 2008, 09:10 AM (946 Views)
bryanb
Member Avatar
Administrator
Admin
makyla has been talking about the skillsusa competition. here is the direct link to the competitions available to compete in.

http://www.skillsusa.org/compete/contests.shtml

hopefully she decides to get on here and she can take over this section.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mmaize

Faculty
So sorry for the delay everyone. I am going to answer by redirecting you to a website. This website explains the benefits to you as a student for becoming a member. http://skillsusa.org/join/studentben.shtml

mmaize

Faculty
Posted Image
I have attached some photos that I took at the National Competition that I attended this summer. The pictures show you a portion of all the competions that are held there for our discipline. Let me know if you have any questions.

Posted Image
National Competition
Industry recognition and medallions for winners will make this an exciting event that provides a career-enhancing opportunity for each participant. The contest will be planned and judged to industry standards for an entry-level worker in the field.

Posted Image
Events will be held on June 22-24, 2009 in Kansas City, Mo. There will be opportunities to attend a general session with more than 12,000 participants at Kemper Arena, a hands-on competitive event, an awards ceremony, and an optional tour of the SkillsUSA Championships.

Posted Image
This is a demonstration event that allows students to compete at a national, $30 million event that has been hosted by business and industry for the benefit of technical students since 1967. The SkillsUSA conference currently offers more than 91 national competitions with more than 5,000 competitors annually at the national level.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Captain Narada
Member Avatar
Righteous Pirate of Justice
[ * ]
Looks fun. :) I was a member in high school but I was ill and unable to compete at the competition, yet even then it still looks great on a resume. This is definitely something to think about guys. If you haven't already, at least check out the link mmaize provided. SkillsUSA can open up doors for employment opportunities that you never would have had access to before.

mmaize

Faculty
Good points narada. There is over 1 million companies that support Skills USA

I just found out some more dates for competition. The state competition is held at DEMACC on April 30th and May 1st. If you win 1st or 2nd place you will automatically be eligible to compete at the national level. At that point the school will pay for your dues, hotel, and other expenses. The national competition is held in Kansas City, MO on June 22-24. I just received a few CDs that will give me more information about each competition. The CD's will tell us all the specs for competition as well as whether the competition is individual or in a group/partner setting.

Please come see me for more detail. If you are interested in becoming a member I will set you up online and do all the paper work for you. The deadline for membership is March 1st 2009 but I woulld like to shoot for the end of the year as our deadline.

Steele
Member Avatar
[ * ]
this event has deffinantly peaked my intrest, I just need to sit down and figure out if my time shedual will allow me to get involved. How many others are wanting to give this a go?

Steele
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Here is the link to the internetworking site http://www.sunnaction.com/index1.htm

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · SkillsUSA · Next Topic »
Add Reply