Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to HeadphoneHaven - Where Music Enthusiasts Gather.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. You will also have access to better reviews/promotions and offers.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Click Here To Join!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Suntac WS-12L; USB/line-out dock
Topic Started: 5 Sep 2008, 08:15 AM (2,036 Views)
ahdui
Member Avatar
aux!
Posted Image

Beside the USB port, there is also a Line-out (3.5mm input).
I might buy it and snap off the USB cable for convenience if I own 1 of the Sony Walkman MP3 players.

I've also spotted some D.I.Y docks, will update when I find them again.

Transportable: iRiver h120(2300mAh)→Sysconcept Optical Cable→AOS Electornics Co. Piccolo DAC→ahdui's CryoFreeze™ TCu IC→ahdui's Enfo PA-1→Custom Shure SE530
Backup: AMB y-1 DAC (MisterX Mod)

Cycling: Sansa Clip 4GB→Philips SHS3200 Earhooks
Portable: Rio Karma→UltimateEars Super.Fi 5eb
Backup Rig: RedWineAudio 40GB iPod Photo→ahdui's CryoFreeze™ RBT IC→iBasso P3 Heron(ahdui Mod) →Custom Shure SE530
Home: "Upgrading In Progress"→Alessandro MS Pro/JVC HP-DX1000
Desktop: PC→Belden 1505F→CityPulse DAC 7.2x II→Belden 89207→KRK Rokit Powered 5

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kschong
No Avatar

This is a great find! By DIY Sony lineouts, you mean the ones we saw on some Japanese website? I always wondered where they got their line out assemblies from. If they got it from a charger, I doubt those had the pins. If they used the data cable, I doubt there are easy replacements.

Now that these have 3.5mm jacks, just snip the data cord and use like regular line out!
Rig: CD5001 => VDH Hybrid III => beta22 3-channel /w active ground => DT880
Portable Rig: Ipod 5.5 => My custom IC => iBasso p3 Heron => FreQshow

lewislink
No Avatar

Any update on the custom Line Out cables?
My portable rig:
COWON D2/Sony NW-A1000/NW-A1200 through Line Out > Ray Samuels Hornet M > Ultimate Ears Triple fi-10 Pro/Klipsch Image X10/UE Super fi-5 V.2

Ryner
Member Avatar
Music Lover
I guess not many people are willing to try making the Line out cables cause not many people are using Sony players here. :(
People call me things like nuts, crazy and insane, I just tell them I am very serious when it comes to my hobbies.

What the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.

The most important thing in this hobby, sit down with a nice drink and enjoy the music. =]

lewislink
No Avatar

I'm not all that into custom cables, myself. If I can acquire an adapter type connector like the Headphonia iPod LO adapter, I'd prefer it because they seem to be a bit more rugged than the custom cables. I have a couple custom cables, one for the iPod from Qables and the other a DIY'er for the Zen Vision and both suffer from signal loss at certain nudges of movement. The Qables cable, a very expensive one at $130, completely came apart not even a week of owning it and the shell of the connector was merely glued together.

The Headphonia adapter has not given me any issues whatsoever since I've had it. This Sony adapter looks to be about the same build as the Headphonia adapter so I'd probably give it a try.
Edited by lewislink, 3 Nov 2008, 02:46 AM.
My portable rig:
COWON D2/Sony NW-A1000/NW-A1200 through Line Out > Ray Samuels Hornet M > Ultimate Ears Triple fi-10 Pro/Klipsch Image X10/UE Super fi-5 V.2

effervescence
No Avatar

oh! so are you building a sony lineout dock? will be really interested in it if you could succeed :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Other Equipment · Next Topic »
Add Reply