Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Wingtipcafe. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Doubutsu no Oisha-san - by SASAKI Noriko; Latest chapter discussion
Topic Started: Jul 3 2010, 12:00 AM (2,087 Views)
chihaya
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
Discuss about Doubutsu no Oisha-san here
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

yambasket
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I read a review which totally says what I want to say about this series..
http://www.mit.edu/~rei/MANGA/Doubutsu.html (and written by someone in MIT no less..... fufufu)

The humour is so dead-pan straight-faced...
And I love the ridiculous 'fantasy' scenes like in Chapter 1 where the (true/false?) tragic story of Chobi's mum is played out.... but i think the Professor was the narrator so I don't really believe it.

My favourite scene so far is in chapter 3 - where there was a dog barking at the dinosaur, because it was scene describing grandma's youth, when dinosaurs still roamed the earth...

My favourite characters right now is Grandma... she is so mean to Masaki (even calling him Kimiteru!).

I also really love the art in this series. Everyone is good looking, especially the beautiful Hishinuma-san. You can even believe the crazy professor was a dignified handsome man in his middle-age. The beauty of the art belies their quirky neuroses/weirdness...good looking characters and humour - what more can you ask?

kaitouace
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Totally agree!!! There's a live action drama too! Too bad there are no subs, it would be more hilarious if I could understand what they are saying. :D

tantei okuoku
Unregistered

kaitouace
Jul 5 2010, 08:57 PM
Totally agree!!! There's a live action drama too! Too bad there are no subs, it would be more hilarious if I could understand what they are saying. :D

if you can get me that drama I will do my best to get subs on it ;)
I already have some members of my groups anime team with time on there hands so. thank you so much for working on this series btw guys I am sure everyone at the vet clinic will love it :lol:
Quote Post Goto Top

guitar+frying
Unregistered

TQ for translating this,one of the best oldies i've ever read
keep it coming! :D
Quote Post Goto Top

Tofu
Member Avatar
[ * ]
This is one of those manga I can read over and over again without getting tired of (a bit exaggerated but owells :P )
Since it gave a pretty realistic portrayal of a vet school (I assume, with its fun and also not exactly glamorous details), it really got me thinking about pursuing vet as a possible career path all over again :)
My look-alike, Coconut Pudding, also taste very good, just not as culturally rich as me.

Cyber_3
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
When wingtip cafe first started with this series, I tried reading the first couple of chapters and was kind of underwhelmed. It's not so much the "old skool style" that put me off (I like a lot of older manga) but that they were talking about blood and stuff. Even reading further it didn't seem to pick up much. Once I started proofreading though, I went back and read it all. I guess now I could say that this manga is like a slow-cooker meal: it takes time to make the meal but it's super delicious once you get it. This manga's dead pan humour and wacky characters really is a star of old school manga for me now. IF you haven't tried reading it too far, give it at least until the second volume and you'll realize that it really grows on you.....and that the first chapter has almost the only blood and guts in the series and definitely not the focus.....

I, too, loved the dinosaurs in Grandma's past - that was totally hilarious!

Now that there is a fair bit of it released, what's everyone thinking of the latest chapter (45)?

Anonymous
Unregistered

I think the latest posted chapter (62) lack some of the pages.
Quote Post Goto Top

chihaya
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
Fixed now. Thanks for pointing out ne.

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · WingtipCafe Projects · Next Topic »
Add Reply