Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Wingtipcafe. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
new project request; Post your new project suggestion here
Topic Started: Mar 8 2010, 03:36 PM (1,780 Views)
dancebaby
[ *  * ]
hi wingtip! thank you guys so much for your hard work, i especially love "a delicious relationship".

i came across a really good dropped series yesterday, and was wondering if you guys would be interested in picking it up.

Shoujo
Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Historical , Romance

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=160

it's a very dramatic historical series, and it reminds me a bit of basara (if any of you guys have read that).

there are 8 bunko volumes, and complete japanese raws avaliable in excellent quality.

hope you guys can consider this! thanks so much :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

quixoticpixel
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Hiya~ <3

It seems A Willful Muse has picked up Tenma no Ketsuzoku. :D They're a bit under-staffed, but they've already started working on the next chapter where ShoujoMagic left off.

It DOES look like an amazing project, though!

chihaya
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
I love Tenma no Ketsuzoku! The licensed version in my country was dropped after vol.5 *sobs* so there's no way I can do it and we're short on translators right now. Hopefully A Willful Muse will continue it till the end.

Thank you for recommending it though. =D

dancebaby
[ *  * ]
what?! no way! i havent seen any of their releases yet?

and yes i really love the series too, its such a good series! :D thank you guys so much for considering it anyways!

i hope im not being really obnoxious... but i'd ALSO like to request "seigi no mikata". it's a josei told through a younger sister's point of view mostly about her older sister, who is always ruining her life and making her miserable! but her demonic older sister is somehow regarded as an "angel" to to everyone else.

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=6628

Comedy Josei Romance Slice of Life

it's a wonderful series and quite possibly my favorite josei, and is hilarious from the very start. although i dont think you guys would want/be able to pick this up because the raws are a bit hard to come by, you guys should definitely read what has been released so far! ;)

kaitouace
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Ah Seigi no Mikata!! I watched the drama series. Absolutely hilarious. You can feel for the younger sister. I would agree to picking up this series!!!! :D

dancebaby
[ *  * ]
i tried watching the drama but couldnt, because the manga was even better and it was hard to adjust ;)

chihaya
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
Hmm I think at least two groups are doing Seigi no Mikata so let's wait for them =D

I love Hijiri Chiaki's manga though. Actually I was trying to push one to be our future project but yet have to find a translator.

dancebaby
[ *  * ]
i personally think it has been dropped since the last release was nearly a year ago. i also emailed them a few months ago about whether they were still working on it and they never responded :unsure: but yes, i really love her work, any project on her work would be great <3

yambasket
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Thanks for the recommendations. Now I've found a new good manga to read :D

btw, I saw on Solaris-SVU's site that Seigi no Mikata is on the Active Projects list, but listed with the status 'Canceled'. Perhaps they haven't updated it to their Cancelled/Dropped projects list yet. hmm.

And, I love Tenma no Ketsuzoku! I'm so happy Wilful Muse picked it up. they do great work with their scanlations... I've got all 24 vols in Chinese, but its super difficult to read - for me at least. I also find I take much longer to read it (in english) compared to other manga. its definitely not fluffy stuff ! Its not going to be easy to translate either. wilful muse : fighting!

dancebaby
[ *  * ]
i noticed that too, i think the two groups just stopped working on it since it has just been so long since their last release =/

yes, it was great that wm picked up tenma but i actually dont think theyre working on it yet, but still recuiting people to help for that project... so we'll have to be patient! :wacko: :D

Unregistered

hello again wingtipcafe! i just contacted MangaArt via IRC, one of the scanlators for Seigi no Mikata, and apparently this project is dead because they have zero people to work on it and their partner has cancelled it(same for Solaris). would you guys please consider picking it up? this is a series i would die for, i love it so much!!!! :wub: please take a look and consider it. thank you!!! :lol:
Quote Post Goto Top

chihaya
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
I'd consider it. But we have no spare translator at the moment. So not sure if it'll work out ne.

Orange Grove
[ * ]
Are you interested in picking up Orpheus no mado? I've only read 1 1/2 volumes of it so far but it seems really interesting. The lead character seems a bit insane, which I kinda like lol.

From mangaupdates

The story begins in Europe, during the first years of the XX century. On a background of intrigues, machinations and a Europe that is going strait toward World War I, three kids meet at a strict conservatory in Germany. Julius met Isaac at the famous Orpheus' Window and later in another event met Klaus there. The legend told that two lovers met at Orpheus' Window would end in unhappiness. But Julius met two different persons, and they didn't know Julius' secret. In fact, Julius is a woman who's forced to dress up and pretend to be a guy. But she isn't the only one who has secrets. Klaus, for example, is Russian. Is he a communist spy? Then the whirlwind of fate began.

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=1263

chihaya
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
I like the manga but it's not something I want to scanlate. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Cyber_3
Unregistered

.....since this thread is here.......

How about the rest of "Swan" now that CMX is dead and there is still vol. 16-21 to go......unless someone else did it a loooooooong time ago. So far, I haven't found anything other than raw scans. There are also 2 side series: Maia- Swan Act II (4 volumes - her daughter) and Swan Hakuchou no iori (3 volume prequel) which no one else seems to be doing. It fits with your general genre of older josei manga.

All I can say is PULEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEEEE????????!!!!! I have a copy of the Korean scans for 16-21 and the Japanese scans for HnI, I don't know if there are scans for Maia floating around out there.

If you do it, I volunteer to QC or proofread and do any ballet research required (took ballet for 8 years).

Cyber_3 - loyally pounding the page for my OK fix every Friday ;)
Quote Post Goto Top

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Question/Misc · Next Topic »
Add Reply