Veals Mail Order
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Veals Mail Order. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Chest waders
Topic Started: Mar 13 2012, 05:13 PM (695 Views)
stonie1972
[ *  * ]
Are these any good , any one used them or seen them before BISON 5MM NEOPRENE CHEST WADERS , Not a bad price from a web site 44.99.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

squidword
Member Avatar
Fishy member
[ *  *  * ]
Yep, best ones i have owned and i have had a few! I know a few other anglers who use and rate them as well ;)
Posted Image

Limpet
Member Avatar
Need to get out more!
[ *  *  * ]
Don't know the make, but 5mm = very warm! Good for winter use but very hot for the summer.
Make sure you can roll them down to your waist if you intend walking far so only your legs get hot.
Tries Hard!

bristolspark
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
A lot off people now use breathable chest waders as you can wear a base layer underneath in the winter and there not to hot in the summer, you also get the option of stocking foot or boot foot. The stocking foot give you the further option of boot style, i.e studded or flat etc, good for fishing different bottoms.

bluemicky
[ * ]
hot hot hot.bisons are cookers,but well made.

si-fly
Codmember
[ *  *  * ]
Had a few pairs of 5mm boots last were the bisons, use them in reeds and long walks to the reefs. All only lasted a year! Ron Thompson the boots split, bison the seams leak, and very hard to fix.

The bison are very tight and boots small 4 there size.

5mm is very hot and sweaty yet the boots being tight are poor in the cold.

I have just bought a replacement pair of PVC waders from Liverpool wader company and these are far more comfy and the boots are high end pu boots so much better in the cold! And should last . You do need thermal leggings if your stood in cold water though.

So far these are lasting very well and the mile walk to the reef is far less sweaty and the boulders far more comfy under foot. If u get these get your normal shoe size as you can get 3 pairs of socks on if needed!

Si.

thekingoffish
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I would only use them at Hinckly point just in case you catch fire . Thay should have the right kit to put you out. :)

« Previous Topic · Help Section · Next Topic »
Add Reply