Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Titans Wargames Club. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
4th August Inter Club Malifaux Day
Topic Started: Jun 20 2012, 02:32 PM (339 Views)
Loxley
Member Avatar
Imperator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi all!

Me and some other henchmen have been arranging an inter club Malifaux!

The venue will be held at Clapham games club, which is in a pub about 10 mins walk from Clapham North.

The aim is to be a fun filled day of meeting other Malifaux players, playing some campaign games and genuinely having a good laugh!

We're looking at teams of 4 + 1 (I'm the plus 1 reserve) so who's interested?

Position 1: David
Position 2:
Position 3:
Position 4:
Reserve: Richi P
-Richi P.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Stomm
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Currently my diary is free, so would be up for this. I'll only have Ramos though, I might expand into other Arcanist stuff later on in the year...
David Simpson
(Club Chairman)

Loxley
Member Avatar
Imperator
There should be no problem there.

The idea is that each player in the team controls 1 master, and you share a total SS pool for the whole day (say 60SS) then for each game the team selects which models are being fielded as part of a smaller pool (say 40SS).

The requirements (currently) are no duplicate masters and no more than 2 masters from a single faction. So as long as there's no one else set on playing Ramos, then this is currently legal.
-Richi P.

Loxley
Member Avatar
Imperator
Ok I got the wrong end of the stick. Even though we're in teams we still play solo games.

Here's the announcement from the Clapham
Club (edited for relevance):

London Malifaux Club Challenge
Hi,

I've been working with some of the other London henchmen on a friendly, inter London gaming club, Malifaux challenge.

THIS IS NOT A TOURNAMENT.

This is an opportunity for a four man team from The Titans to play 3 games against clubs from Cross, Dark Sphere and Clapham, meet new people and have some fun.

If it works (and we like each other), it may blossom into a regular thing maybe on some weeknights with us making away trips.

So what's the setup?

Clapham should be hosting the event on the 4th of August (pub booking TBC).

Teams of 4 (henchmen acting as reserves)
3 games each, team vs. team
30ss @ 2 hours
Fixed masters
No duplicate masters per team
Rare limits for the team
No more than 2 masters per faction in each team
Shared strategy
Beers afterwards
Results will be part of Dead Heat

Let me know in this thread if you're interested. All levels of experiance encouraged as this is not a tournament but a day of gaming fun. Representing The Titans on the 4th doesn't tie you in to any future events.

Oh and no ranking points available!
-Richi P.

sir_shvantselot
No Avatar
Sergeant
[ *  *  *  * ]
Loxley
Jun 20 2012, 04:45 PM
There should be no problem there.

The idea is that each player in the team controls 1 master, and you share a total SS pool for the whole day (say 60SS) then for each game the team selects which models are being fielded as part of a smaller pool (say 40SS).

The requirements (currently) are no duplicate masters and no more than 2 masters from a single faction. So as long as there's no one else set on playing Ramos, then this is currently legal.

Code:

Is this still on and, if so, what time and where exactly in Clapham North. Looks like I might be able to make it and it's just a ride down the northern line for me all the way to the other end. Would be playing Nicodem, methinks.

Loxley
Member Avatar
Imperator
Hey!

Yes it's still on, but there have been some changes:

30SS games (but less if players can't get the models).
Fixed Masters
2 hr time limit per game
6.00 entry fee
Location is The Bread and Roses, about 10 mins walk from North Clapham tube.
10am Start

I'm hoping that a couple other Titans can make it, I've got a friend joining me (called Will, a Ramos player) and 2 guys from Saturday's demo should be coming (1 with Von Shill, the other [i think] with Marcus).
And these are just the Team Titans recruits, not including the other clubs.

It should be a really good day, and then in a few months we'll be hosting it again, but at one of the other club's venues, maybe ours :)
-Richi P.

sir_shvantselot
No Avatar
Sergeant
[ *  *  *  * ]
Loxley
Jul 31 2012, 09:58 PM
Hey!

Yes it's still on, but there have been some changes:

30SS games (but less if players can't get the models).
Fixed Masters
2 hr time limit per game
6.00 entry fee
Location is The Bread and Roses, about 10 mins walk from North Clapham tube.
10am Start

I'm hoping that a couple other Titans can make it, I've got a friend joining me (called Will, a Ramos player) and 2 guys from Saturday's demo should be coming (1 with Von Shill, the other [i think] with Marcus).
And these are just the Team Titans recruits, not including the other clubs.

It should be a really good day, and then in a few months we'll be hosting it again, but at one of the other club's venues, maybe ours :)

OK. I'll be coming down then. See you there.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Events · Next Topic »
Add Reply