Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Pit Lane. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wurz rules out F1 return
Topic Started: Jan 16 2010, 12:31 PM (297 Views)
Red Andy
Member Avatar

Moderator
Quote:
 
Alex Wurz says he has no interest in returning to Formula 1, despite being linked with a US F1 drive during the winter.

The 35-year-old last raced in F1 in 2007 and is now a factory sportscar driver with Peugeot, scoring his second Le Mans 24 Hours victory last year.

Early in 2009 he was involved in the Superfund F1 project, which was not granted an entry by the FIA, and speculation has since linked the Austrian with US F1.
But Wurz says he has left F1 behind and has no desire to make a comeback.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80925

Wurz never massively impressed me first time around, and his cameos for McLaren and Williams didn't really set the world on fire (though he did manage podiums for both teams). I was surprised that he was linked with an F1 role for 2010 given his lack of race experience compared to drivers of a similar age. So I'm not massively surprised or put out by the fact that he isn't going to be back in an F1 car.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
P1
Chief Engineer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Red Andy,Jan 16 2010
02:31 PM
Quote:
 
Alex Wurz says he has no interest in returning to Formula 1, despite being linked with a US F1 drive during the winter.

The 35-year-old last raced in F1 in 2007 and is now a factory sportscar driver with Peugeot, scoring his second Le Mans 24 Hours victory last year.

Early in 2009 he was involved in the Superfund F1 project, which was not granted an entry by the FIA, and speculation has since linked the Austrian with US F1.
But Wurz says he has left F1 behind and has no desire to make a comeback.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80925

Wurz never massively impressed me first time around, and his cameos for McLaren and Williams didn't really set the world on fire (though he did manage podiums for both teams). I was surprised that he was linked with an F1 role for 2010 given his lack of race experience compared to drivers of a similar age. So I'm not massively surprised or put out by the fact that he isn't going to be back in an F1 car.

I would enjoy soon to see the drivers confirmed for USF1.
Not sure how to interpret such late signup...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
John
Team Boss
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
making a big announcement... maybe they have signed Kimi... <yikes>
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Red Andy
Member Avatar

Moderator
Or Ralf....
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
safc_fan89
Member Avatar
safc_fan89
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
He's had his shot (twice) and not taken either. He's sensible enough to know that he's not going to achieve any more than he has.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
« Previous Topic · Formula 1 · Next Topic »
Add Reply