Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Well Crap
Topic Started: Aug 9 2018, 09:30 AM (266 Views)
Luke's Dad
Member Avatar
Emperor Pengin
M&M's has been very successful with a weight loss program. She lost 35 pounds in two months and has maintained that weight loss for another 2 months. She's now got me on the program (I can admit that I can use to lose 15-20 50 pounds or so. So far it's gone okay but not with the speed and ease she has had. I've lost maybe 10 pounds over 3 weeks.

So one of the employees I hired just dropped off a pizza from my favorite places as a thank you...

It would be rude to not eat it...
The problem with having an open mind is that people keep trying to put things in it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Axtremus
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Luke's Dad
Aug 9 2018, 09:30 AM
Give it to M&M.

Mark
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Pay it forward... Go see if one of your neighbors would like it.
___.___
(_]===*
o 0
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. H.G. Wells

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
Pitch it. 10 lbs in three weeks is great.
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there's a gun around, I want to be controlling it." Clint Eastwood, Pink Cadillac

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop
Luke's Dad

I've lost maybe 10 pounds over 3 weeks.

That might even be too fast.

Eat the pizza.

Good work.

The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

sue
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Have a piece or two. If you completely deny yourself foods you love, the diet will fail - you'll resent it. Just balance it by eating really healthy stuff the rest of the day.

John D'Oh
Member Avatar
MAMIL
It might be poisoned.

Let's face it, the guy works in the piano business - what better way to get ahead than to kill the boss and steal his company?
What do you mean "we", have you got a mouse in your pocket?

Rainman
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
So, what's the diet?
Something new and different, or an old-fashioned approach?

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
Luke's Dad
M&M's has been very successful with a weight loss program. She lost 35 pounds in two months and has maintained that weight loss for another 2 months. She's now got me on the program (I can admit that I can use to lose 15-20 50 pounds or so. So far it's gone okay but not with the speed and ease she has had. I've lost maybe 10 pounds over 3 weeks.

So one of the employees I hired just dropped off a pizza from my favorite places as a thank you...

George's diet makes a lot of sense for most people. 2000 calories (or less), 150g carbs (or less), balanced diet and a bit of exercise every day.
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Aqua Letifer
Member Avatar
ZOOOOOM!
Yeah I'd say so. He's doing the things. :thumb:
I cite irreconcilable differences.

Improviso
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Axtremus
Aug 9 2018, 09:36 AM
Luke's Dad
Give it to M&M.
Yea, Luke's Dad, give it to M&M. Because we all know the great advice that Ax gives here.

It would seem he is the only one who doesn't have a clue what would happen if you actually followed his "expert" advise.

As all the men here and probably most of the women know too, the first thing that would happen would be M&M would more than likely throw the pizza at L'sD. She'd then pick the empty box up, beat him over the head with it and then stick the remnants of that box "where the sun don't shine".

If I had spent 5 months losing 35 pounds and maintaining that lose, that's exactly what I'd do.

Kudos to M&M for her perseverance. I've been following her progress posts on FB. I'm sure she is very proud of her progress. Give her a high five from me.

Identifying narcissists isn't difficult. Just look for the person who is constantly fishing for compliments
and admiration while breaking down over even the slightest bit of criticism.

We have the freedom to choose our actions, but we do not get to choose our consequences.

Improviso
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
And Ax... I realize you were attempting to be humorous. But it missed the mark. Attempts to sabotage a diet will get you killed.

Let me remind you of one of the rules of the "Man Code". You never and I repeat NEVER discuss a woman's weight. That is if you expect to live the day out.

If she's on a diet and asks how she looks, the ONLY accceptable answer is "You look great". And then change the subject. Quickly. :whome:
Identifying narcissists isn't difficult. Just look for the person who is constantly fishing for compliments
and admiration while breaking down over even the slightest bit of criticism.

We have the freedom to choose our actions, but we do not get to choose our consequences.

Aqua Letifer
Member Avatar
ZOOOOOM!
Improv's of course right in stating the obvious. :lol:

Quote:

Let me remind you of one of the rules of the "Man Code". You never and I repeat NEVER discuss a woman's weight. That is if you expect to live the day out.

If she's on a diet and asks how she looks, the ONLY accceptable answer is "You look great".

Yeah, I'm bad at that. If someone's asking you a question and the total expectation is a rote answer then what the hell is the point? It's theater for an audience of one and more to the point, they damn well know it's theater, too.

That's why I hate answering in that way even when it's the truth. What the hell difference does it make what I think? The point of maintaining a certain weight is for health and being confident in one's self. I don't want to be in a position where someone goes on a diet to make me happy, that would be really screwed up.

I think it's a double-edged sword. I'm bad at telling people what they want to hear but that also means I'm not into deception, either. Others have no problem putting on the face and making someone feel good, but that also means they have no problem lying about everything else. No one's perfectly balanced, so I guess it comes down to what's worse—getting lied to or dealing with a cold person. And people don't seem to mind getting lied to when it's a positive thing, so I think for most folks they'd take the former.

Catseye3
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Aqua Letifer
Aug 10 2018, 06:39 AM
Others have no problem putting on the face and making someone feel good, but that also means they have no problem lying about everything else.
Not that I'm stalking you cuz I'm not. I just got to say this qualifies as the Post O' the Day IMO. There's a young ton of truth in it.

I think though that there's a fine line that can often be walked between "putting on the face" and telling the truth. There's ways and ways of clearing that hurdle. Not telling you anything you don't know, I know. The line moves a lot: Do you like the person? Do you dislike the person enough that you can barely conceal the secret joy that comes from telling them "the truth"? Like, "Your pants say yoga but your ass says McDonald's?"

I wonder: How many people who ask you for your opinion actually want to know the truth? I bet it's a lot more than we think. Some people want to be lied to (though they will deny this vigorously), but you do everybody great honor if you are truthful with them always. At the least, if you offend them, they won't bore you with this type of question ever again. :tongue:

P.S. Ten feet from my window there's a fawn so young it still has its spots. Oh, and here comes its sib. Twins! They're gonna grow up and be a PITA, but they're adorable right now.

And there's mom.
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." -- Catherine Aird

Aqua Letifer
Member Avatar
ZOOOOOM!
Quote:

I think though that there's a fine line that can often be walked between "putting on the face" and telling the truth.

I'd say it's a massive shade of gray. :lol: Complete honesty is as socially impossible as lying about everything.

Quote:

I wonder: How many people who ask you for your opinion actually want to know the truth? I bet it's a lot more than we think. Some people want to be lied to (though they will deny this vigorously), but you do everybody great honor if you are truthful with them always. At the least, if you offend them, they won't bore you with this type of question ever again.

There's a line from the Hagakure that's something like "wrap your intentions in needles of pine." Basically, when someone asks you for your opinion, you do a disservice by telling them what they want to hear, but also by giving your honest opinion. Rather, what you should do is tell them whatever's required to help them fix the problem. I like that idea.

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
SQUIRREL!!
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop
Improviso
Aug 10 2018, 05:57 AM

As all the men here and probably most of the women know too, the first thing that would happen would be M&M would more than likely throw the pizza at L'sD. She'd then pick the empty box up, beat him over the head with it and then stick the remnants of that box "where the sun don't shine".

Posted Image
The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

sue
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Aqua Letifer
Aug 10 2018, 06:39 AM
If someone's asking you a question and the total expectation is a rote answer then what the hell is the point? It's theater for an audience of one and more to the point, they damn well know it's theater, too.

I tend to ask (myself, in my head) 'why are you asking this?" If it's obvious they just want a pat on the back, I'll find something nice to say. "That's a great colour on you." "Love that necklace with that sweater!" etc. I find it hard to lie, but can almost always find something positive to say. I may dodge the actual question, if need be. And then there's some people who really want an honest answer, and appreciate hearing my opinion.

Personally, I just never ask questions like that about my appearance. Can't take the bs or the truth. I'm difficult. :biggrin:

sue
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Copper
Aug 10 2018, 07:40 AM
Improviso
Aug 10 2018, 05:57 AM

Posted Image
:lol2: so true

John D'Oh
Member Avatar
MAMIL
So, when somebody asks 'Does my ass look big in this?', a good compromise answer is 'Not especially' ?
What do you mean "we", have you got a mouse in your pocket?

Catseye3
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
John D'Oh
Aug 10 2018, 09:45 AM
So, when somebody asks 'Does my ass look big in this?', a good compromise answer is 'Not especially' ?

No. :sword:
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." -- Catherine Aird

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply