Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
EEEEEEK!!!
Topic Started: Aug 9 2018, 06:48 AM (107 Views)
Catseye3
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/snakes-stacks-put-dc-library-briefly-circulation-57103712. (There's video!)

A D.C. Public Library branch was briefly closed upon the discovery of some uninvited guests: snakes.

The Washington Post reports the Georgetown Library closed Saturday after staff noticed* snakes near a meeting room. Another snake was found earlier that day and released outside. The library called pest control and closed until the building was given the all-clear, reopening Tuesday.

Spokesman George Williams says the pest company found a single dead snake during the library's treatment. The Post reports library staff suspect four snakes were in the building.

According to the D.C. Public Library's website , the library will have another gathering of snakes on Wednesday, but these ones are invited. Reptiles Alive is providing the snakes for an animal show.
-----------

* Noticed? Noticed?

Noticed is when you catch something on your radar kind of incidentally while you're focusing on something else. Like when you open the closet door and a body falls out, and you also notice he'd been strangled with your favorite scarf.

This business of a snake in the room exceeds the criterion, gnomesayin? "Oh hey, there's a snake. So what do you want in your latte?"
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." -- Catherine Aird
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop

What kind of snake?

Snakes don't just come inside for fun, they are there for prey.

What is the prey? Mice, rats, birds, squirrels?

The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

Catseye3
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
What I posted was the whole story AFAIK. I think the snake was a king snake.
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." -- Catherine Aird

sue
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Yeah, I think i would more than 'notice' snakes by the meeting room :lol2:

speaking of all things EEEEEK!!!, I heard this morning that black widow spiders are making their way northward; been seen in southern Ontario.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Catseye3
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Oh, noes. That's the kind of bad news that falls into the category of, "Great, what else can go wrong."

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply