Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A special marriage
Topic Started: Aug 9 2018, 04:31 AM (163 Views)
George K
Member Avatar
Finally
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/05/hamza-bin-laden-marries-daughter-of-911-hijacker-mohammed-atta

Quote:

Hamza bin Laden, the son of the late al-Qaida leader, has married the daughter of Mohammed Atta, the lead hijacker in the 9/11 terror attacks, according to his family.

The union was confirmed by Osama bin Laden’s half-brothers during an interview with the Guardian. Ahmad and Hassan al-Attas said they believed Hamza had taken a senior position within al-Qaida and was aiming to avenge the death of his father, shot dead during a US military raid in Pakistan seven years ago.

Hamza bin Laden is the son of one of Osama bin Laden’s three surviving wives, Khairiah Sabar, who was living with her husband in a compound in Abbottabad, near a large Pakistani military base, when he was killed. He has since made public statements urging followers to wage war on Washington, London, Paris and Tel Aviv and is seen as a deputy to the terrorist group’s current leader, Ayman al-Zawahiri.

“We have heard he has married the daughter of Mohammed Atta,” said Ahmad al-Attas. “We’re not sure where he is, but it could be Afghanistan.”

Western intelligence agencies have been increasingly focusing on the whereabouts of Hamza bin Laden over the past two years, seeing him as more likely than anyone else to galvanise followers. His marriage to the daughter of Atta, an Egyptian national, appears to confirm that the 9/11 alumni remains a central hub of al-Qaida and that the organisation itself continues to be organised around Osama bin Laden’s legacy.
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

"There are 57 different genders, but politics is binary."
- David Burge, 7/29/18
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Axtremus
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Congratulations to the new couple.
May be love can dilute their urges for revenge and lead them to more peaceful, productive pursuits.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
We should send a gift for the blessed event!

Posted Image
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there's a gun around, I want to be controlling it." Clint Eastwood, Pink Cadillac

Improviso
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Axtremus
Aug 9 2018, 04:48 AM
May be love can dilute their urges for revenge and lead them to more peaceful, productive pursuits.
Good lord! :doh:

I just can't figure out if this is just the shtick you use while posting here or if this is you in real life.
Identifying narcissists isn't difficult. Just look for the person who is constantly fishing for compliments
and admiration while breaking down over even the slightest bit of criticism.

We have the freedom to choose our actions, but we do not get to choose our consequences.

Aqua Letifer
Member Avatar
ZOOOOOM!
Improviso
Aug 9 2018, 06:01 AM
Axtremus
Good lord! :doh:

I just can't figure out if this is just the shtick you use while posting here or if this is you in real life.
I think he's quite serious.
I cite irreconcilable differences.

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Sadly, I think you're right.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Rainman
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Leave Ax alone!
I can feel the love all the way out here.
:hearts:

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
A man's got to have a dream.
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there's a gun around, I want to be controlling it." Clint Eastwood, Pink Cadillac

Catseye3
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Axtremus

Amen. We don't know these people. We do know that love is a powerful force that has altered history. Look at Antony and Cleopatra. Look at Prince Edward and Wallace Simpson, at Pierre and Marie Curie. Look at Wesley and Buttercup. :)

Henry Stimson was Harry Truman's Secretary of War. Initially Truman's bomb list included Kyoto. Stimson was strongly against the bombing of Kyoto for various reasons, but the reason he used to persuade Truman to give Kyoto a pass was that it had been the site of the Stimsons' honeymoon and he had a great fondness for it. Truman was moved by this, and he struck the city of Kyoto from the list. Even if this is myth, it still makes a good story. History is full of such stories.

So anything can happen.

I like how you march to your own drumbeat, Ax. That is not always easy to do. It's a lot easier to deride from the safety of the crowd. I don't always agree with you, but I admire your unique perspective and your willingness to share it here.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." -- Catherine Aird

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Ok - who left the doors open on the short bus....
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Heh... you admire Ax for marching to a different drumbeat, but you call me an Asshole for the same thing.

Lol
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
In fairness to Cats, your drumming styles are different. :lol2:

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Mikhailoh
Aug 10 2018, 03:20 AM
In fairness to Cats, your drumming styles are different. :lol2:
Hahahaha
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply