Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sell-out?
Topic Started: Aug 8 2018, 03:57 PM (128 Views)
Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
http://www.showbiz411.com/2018/08/08/academy-awards-sell-out-to-studios-add-popular-movie-award-will-cut-on-air-awards-in-half
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Davis
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Makes a lot of sense to me. “Never has the gap been wider than the movies that win and the movies that people want to see.”

Axtremus
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
There is even a reference to “Trumpian philosophy” is that article. :lol:

Doesn’t matter to me. I don’t watch the Oscar ceremony and I don’t choose which movies I watch based on Oscar wins or nominations anyway.

John D'Oh
Member Avatar
MAMIL
The Oscars is such a load of bollocks. The movie industry somehow managed to persuade millions of people to sit through a 4 hour infomercial consisting of a load of over-paid people telling each other how freaking awesome they are, and now they want us to start debating the result of the bogus competition as though it actually freaking matters.
What do you mean "we", have you got a mouse in your pocket?

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
I've watched zero of them in my life.
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Catseye3
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
I used to watch them for the red-carpet arrivals. That was the interesting part -- seeing all the pretty people exiting their limos and the glam threads they were wearing. The crowds, the energy . . . but once the presentations began, it was :yawn:
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." -- Catherine Aird

John D'Oh
Member Avatar
MAMIL
jon-nyc
Aug 9 2018, 10:31 AM
I've watched zero of them in my life.
Now they've sold out their artistic integrity to pander to popular public opinion, you'll need to start watching.

No more documentaries exploring the existential crisis suffered by Beethoven in his later years. From now on it's gonna be tits and pussy FTW!
What do you mean "we", have you got a mouse in your pocket?

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
I thought the tits and pussy people already had an awards show.
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aqua Letifer
Member Avatar
ZOOOOOM!
Blech.
I cite irreconcilable differences.

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply