Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Crucified in Saudi
Topic Started: Aug 8 2018, 12:36 PM (123 Views)
George K
Member Avatar
Finally
https://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb/2018/08/08/saudi-arabia-carries-out-rare-crucifixion-for-murder-theft#gs.egQ8ZoI
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

"There are 57 different genders, but politics is binary."
- David Burge, 7/29/18
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop

I can imagine some people being influenced by a crucifixion.

The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
Copper
Aug 8 2018, 01:11 PM

Yeah, but they killed him first, so....
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

"There are 57 different genders, but politics is binary."
- David Burge, 7/29/18

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
Well, since they behead people there, what do they hang up I wonder?

Mysteries abound.
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there's a gun around, I want to be controlling it." Clint Eastwood, Pink Cadillac

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
In Saudi, executions are a big deal. Paw gathers up the young'uns and Maw throws a picnic lunch together before everybody loads up and travels to the execution square. They have to get there early, because A) you have warm-up sentences, where just a hand or foot gets chopped off, and B) since it gets mighty hot in the middle of the day, they try to wrap things up by late morning.

Now, most common criminals have their head severed by a professional executioner in a single whack. But for some special folks, you get the very best executioner, and he takes three swings. The first swing is just enough to break the skin and cause superficial bleeding, along with pain. The second stroke severes the spine, but not the carotids or jugular vein. The third stroke takes the head completely off.

Entertainment at its finest. :thumb:
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
Mikhailoh
Aug 8 2018, 01:23 PM
Well, since they behead people there, what do they hang up I wonder?

Mysteries abound.
The rest of the body. I assume if they are anything like the Turks, they just let the body rot until it falls off.

BTW, the Turks tend to hang theirs off the bridge on JFK Boulevard...
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

bachophile
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Copper
Aug 8 2018, 01:11 PM

about 2 billion give or take?

http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html
"I don't know much about classical music. For years I thought the Goldberg Variations were something Mr. and Mrs. Goldberg did on their wedding night." Woody Allen

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply