Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Science Is In!
Topic Started: Aug 8 2018, 09:36 AM (144 Views)
Catseye3
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp

I have popped many a bowl of popcorn in my day in every oil you can imagine. I am thrilled to share with you what I have determined is the absolute best oil for making the dreamiest, most perfect fluffy popcorn you ever put in your mouth. Seriously.

The best, without question, without a doubt, oil for popping corn is

Oops, sorry, ran out of ribbon. I'll have to get back to you.
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." -- Catherine Aird
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Catseye3
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Catseye3
Aug 8 2018, 09:36 AM
I have popped many a bowl of popcorn in my day in every oil you can imagine. I am thrilled to share with you what I have determined is the absolute best oil for making the dreamiest, most perfect fluffy popcorn you ever put in your mouth. Seriously.

The best, without question, without a doubt, oil for popping corn is

Oops, sorry, ran out of ribbon. I'll have to get back to you.

Coconut oil.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." -- Catherine Aird

brenda
Member Avatar
Will have to try that!
“Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
~A.A. Milne

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
Used to buy my popcorn in 50 pound sacks.

I like popcorn. :popcorn:
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
I got me one of these.

Posted Image

Put some popping corn in the bottom, and nuke it for about 2 minutes. Add butter and (ranch-flavored) salt, and you're good to go.
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

"There are 57 different genders, but politics is binary."
- David Burge, 7/29/18

Mark
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Cover the bottom of a brown paper lunch bag with popcorn kernels. Fold the top over a couple of times

Place in microwave. 2-3 minutes or so.

Perfect popcorn.
___.___
(_]===*
o 0
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. H.G. Wells

sue
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
I'll have to try that, Cats. I've just been using my hot air popper, which makes pretty good popcorn....but I do still think the old fashioned, cooked on stovetop with a bit of oil makes the best stuff evah. And since all things coconut are on the good for you list (for now, I predict that'll go sideways someday soon), I should get all over this. :popcorn:

Catseye3
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Sue, the thing I like best about coco oil, you will probably like, too. It gives you popcorn that is so light that it's almost like air popped, yet it isn't boring like air popped. Light and crisp.

Yes, Greatist came out recently with preliminary (I think?) info that coconut oil may not be the wunderkind that it has been presented as -- not through lying, but because enough time has gone by to give study results on its usage. I think; I'm not sure exactly.

sue
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Catseye3
Aug 8 2018, 12:07 PM
Light and crisp.

Yep, we speak the same popcorn language.

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Popcorn has been linked to dementia.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

taiwan_girl
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Larry
Aug 8 2018, 02:12 PM
Popcorn has been linked to dementia.
Wasnt there something in news about workers in a popcorn factory were suing because of hazardous work conditions because of the chemicals used in the flavoring? Lots of health problems for them, I believe.

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply