Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
91 year old latino beaten, told to go back to his country
Topic Started: Jul 9 2018, 08:37 PM (282 Views)
Horace
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/09/us/mexican-man-beaten-brick-los-angeles/index.html

Cha Ching!

Hmm.
As a good person, I implore you to do as I, a good person, do. Be good. Do NOT be bad. If you see bad, end bad. End it in yourself, and end it in others. By any means necessary, the good must conquer the bad. Good people know this. Do you know this? Are you good?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
And jack was posting on FB last night about how this is Trump's fault because he unleashed the bigots.

Funny - I don't recall the outrage and blaming Obama when black urban youth were playing the knockout game, always on non-black people. My point being not whataboutism, but about interpreting things that have been happening for many years as Trump's fault. It is not what is happening, it's how it is presented.
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead - Lucille Ball

Catseye3
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Escalating Twitteration.
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." -- Catherine Aird
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
As a side note...As a group, blacks are very concerned about illegal immigration. I suspect in SoCal those emotions can run pretty high.
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
I was looking for the race of the attackers. My thinking was had it been white that would ave been included, even featured.
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead - Lucille Ball

John D'Oh
Member Avatar
MAMIL
Mikhailoh
Jul 10 2018, 03:15 AM
Funny - I don't recall the outrage and blaming Obama when black urban youth were playing the knockout game, always on non-black people.
Seriously? You don't remember people who disliked Obama blaming pretty much everything on him for 8 long years?
What do you mean "we", have you got a mouse in your pocket?

Horace
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Mikhailoh
Jul 10 2018, 03:46 AM
I was looking for the race of the attackers. My thinking was had it been white that would ave been included, even featured.
There is no doubt whatsoever about that.
As a good person, I implore you to do as I, a good person, do. Be good. Do NOT be bad. If you see bad, end bad. End it in yourself, and end it in others. By any means necessary, the good must conquer the bad. Good people know this. Do you know this? Are you good?

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop
Horace
Jul 10 2018, 06:08 AM
Mikhailoh
Jul 10 2018, 03:46 AM
There is no doubt whatsoever about that.

The victim and the attacker

Posted Image

The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

John D'Oh
Member Avatar
MAMIL
What a bonus - we can blame that one on both Obama *and* Trump!
What do you mean "we", have you got a mouse in your pocket?

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
John D'Oh
Jul 10 2018, 07:16 AM
What a bonus - we can blame that one on both Obama *and* Trump!
It's a twofer....
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
It's a nofer. Hate is nothing new.

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Mikhailoh
Jul 10 2018, 03:15 AM
And jack was posting on FB last night about how this is Trump's fault because he unleashed the bigots.

Funny - I don't recall the outrage and blaming Obama when black urban youth were playing the knockout game, always on non-black people. My point being not whataboutism, but about interpreting things that have been happening for many years as Trump's fault. It is not what is happening, it's how it is presented.
Jack never has been all that bright.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Horace
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Emotional thinkers might be the quickest to care, based on some anecdotal stimuli, but they're also the quickest to hate, based on anecdotal stimuli.

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Horace
Jul 10 2018, 07:38 AM
Emotional thinkers might be the quickest to care, based on some anecdotal stimuli, but they're also the quickest to hate, based on anecdotal stimuli.
True - but their hate runs clean to their bones and their care lasts only long enough for the others to see it.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
https://althouse.blogspot.com/2018/07/hey-folks-francis-carlton-crowley-is.html

Quote:

Also in WaPo right now, "Woman beats a 91-year-old Mexican man with a brick, tells him to ‘go back to your country,'" which is a story based on the testimony of one witness who presented video of the old man after whatever had happened to bloody his face.

The witness has told the Post that the man "accidentally bumped into a young girl while walking on the sidewalk," and that the mother pushed the man down and "repeatedly bash[ed] him in the face with a concrete brick while yelling, 'Go back to your country.'" There is no description of this woman, but, we are told, by this one witness, that after what the woman did, "A group of young men bounded down the street, accusing Rodriguez of trying to snatch the young girl. They kicked Rodriguez, who was already crumpled on the ground, and stomped on his head."

Police were called, there's an ongoing investigation, but no one was caught, and there is no description of the woman or the group of men. I hope I'm not being cynical to assume that since the attackers are not described as white, that they were black. The Post talked to the eyewitness and presents the attack as racist, with this paragraph tossed in:
Quote:

[The] attack comes after the Department of Justice released its recent hate crime statistics, reported by KCRA. The 2017 California report, which was the first published since President Trump took office, evinced an uptick of more than 17 percent, with anti-Hispanic and anti-Latino crimes soaring over 50 percent last year, according to the Saramento Bee.

At the base of the article are links to 3 recent articles: "A man confronted a teenage neighbor over early morning fireworks — then shot him to death, police say," "#IDAdam, the white man who called police on a woman at their neighborhood pool, loses his job," "A black lawmaker was canvassing door to door in her district. A constituent called 911." All of those stories present black individuals who seem to have been treated as though they were intruders in their own neighborhood.

I look at the comments on the article about the concrete brick attack, beginning with the oldest. The third one begins:
Quote:

The Daily Mail has a screen cap of the woman that did this..
The link goes to a https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/07/09/14/4E0F7DBF00000578-5933843-image-m-13_1531143155841.jpg of a black woman. And here's the whole story in The Daily Mail.

The attack is terrible, but The Washington Post also deserves condemnation for deceptively jamming this story into its racial template and scamming its readers. At least it leaves the comments on, allowing the blatant gap in the story to be instantly filled.
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

I'd rather listen to an hour of Abba than an hour of The Beatles.
- Klaus, 4/29/18

Horace
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
The GoFundMe is up to 230 grand now.

Catseye3
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
George K
Jul 10 2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:

The attack is terrible, but The Washington Post also deserves condemnation for deceptively jamming this story into its racial template and scamming its readers. At least it leaves the comments on, allowing the blatant gap in the story to be instantly filled.
Oh yeah, let's keep on aggrondizing each and every attack of this kind, the more the better, the more chatter, the more outrage, so that each attack spawns five more just like it. Let's forget that race-against-other-race attacks have happened for generations.

Gotta fill those webpages somehow! Like the racetrack tout famously said, "There's always fresh".
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." -- Catherine Aird
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop
George K

Quote:

I hope I'm not being cynical to assume that since the attackers are not described as white, that they were black.

Quote:

The attack is terrible, but The Washington Post also deserves condemnation for deceptively jamming this story into its racial template and scamming its readers.

The post article now says this
Quote:

Borjas, a 35-year-old Los Angeles resident, watched the child’s mother — a black woman — push the elderly man to the ground and repeatedly bash him in the face with a concrete brick while yelling, “Go back to your country.”

But the comments make it clear that originally the race was unknown.

The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
Catseye3
Jul 10 2018, 04:15 PM
George K

Quote:

Oh yeah, let's keep on aggrondizing each and every attack of this kind, the more the better, the more chatter, the more outrage, so that each attack spawns five more just like it. Let's forget that race-against-other-race attacks have happened for generations.

Gotta fill those webpages somehow! Like the racetrack tout famously said, "There's always fresh".
Sadly, you're right.

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply