Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
First Two Are Out
Topic Started: Jul 8 2018, 04:20 AM (185 Views)
Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
https://www.nbcnews.com/video/watch-live-officials-rescue-boys-trapped-in-thai-cave-1272413251920
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
Good news.
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there's a gun around, I want to be controlling it." Clint Eastwood, Pink Cadillac
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sue
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
6 now.

bbc - live news
Edited by sue, Jul 8 2018, 05:55 AM.

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
Heck of an end to an initiation rite, isn't it?
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Davis
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Jolly
Jul 8 2018, 05:44 AM
Itís a great story but tough to compete with Shackleton, the miners, Zamperini, the Bataan death march, the Andes survivors...

Donít get me wrong, I worry for the kids....I just always felt like they would make it based on stuff I read.

sue
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Davis
Jul 8 2018, 08:05 AM
Jolly
Jul 8 2018, 05:44 AM
Itís a great story but tough to compete with Shackleton, the miners, Zamperini, the Bataan death march, the Andes survivors...

Donít get me wrong, I worry for the kids....I just always felt like they would make it based on stuff I read.
Not sure why one would try to compare disasters. But yeah, I think this hits me hard because it's kids - and looking at the available info, I wasn't so sure they'd all get out.

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
Everyone is out: https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/09/asia/thai-cave-rescue-mission-intl/index.html
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

"There are 57 different genders, but politics is binary."
- David Burge, 7/29/18

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
Very good news. Get the rest of the SEALs out and dynamite the entrance.

Catseye3
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wonderful, wonderful!

I'm tearing up.
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." -- Catherine Aird

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
One interesting factoid I learned is that very few Thai children know how to swim, and (supposedly) drowning is one of the leading causes of death in the the under-15 crowd.

http://swimsafe.org/swimsafe-projects/thailand/
Quote:

More than 2,600 children die from drowning in Thailand every year, claiming the lives of about seven Thai children each day. Through the SwimSafe Thailand program, The Alliance for Safe Children (TASC), Royal Life Saving Society Ė Australia, Thai Life Saving Society and the Resourcing Public Health Foundation (RPHF) are partnering together to address the tragic and preventable loss of so many young lives.

While Thai children live and play around the water as part of their daily routines, only one third of Thai children ever learn to swim. The Thai National Injury Survey (TNIS) conducted between 2003 and 2004 showed that more children over the age of one die from drowning than from any other single cause of death.
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

"There are 57 different genders, but politics is binary."
- David Burge, 7/29/18

Friday
Fulla-Carp
Being a certified diver I have been watching this with great interest. I know how claustrophobic things can get just being in the open sea. I can't imagine what a harrowing nightmare it must have been for everyone involved. Diving with newbies....9 hours in the dark in a cave...one guy dead...the world watching...

Thank God they all made it out.

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
Great news.
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there's a gun around, I want to be controlling it." Clint Eastwood, Pink Cadillac

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply