Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
USA-DPRK Summit Joint Statement; Singapore 2018
Topic Started: Jun 12 2018, 05:55 AM (364 Views)
Klaus
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
Jun 13 2018, 03:00 AM
Klaus
Jun 12 2018, 10:52 PM
So Trump said, Kim Jong Un is "smart", "loves his country" and "loves his people".

Compare that to his rhetoric at the G7 summit towards the leaders of the G7 countries.

What. The. Fvck.
He's trying to cut a deal.
And cutting a deal justifies validating a totalitarian mass murder that way?

I'm ok with trying to cut a deal with the guy, because I'm a pragmatist. I'm even ok with ignoring the fact that this guy is scum and the human rights situation in NK while cutting a deal. But suggesting that you like the guy, that he loves his country and his people, and that you are going to be good buddies? That crosses a border, especially when it comes only days after Trump insulted most of his (former?) allies.
Trifonov Fleisher Klaus Sokolov Zimmerman
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Catseye3
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Catseye3
Jun 12 2018, 06:10 AM
All this WAS accomplished on June 18?

I love it. If things don't go as predicted in this statement, Ima be very interested in how the White House extricates itself.

Unless I'm as dumb as Trump thinks I am, and I'm missing some vital point.

Oopsie. I see what I did there. I somehow confused June 12 with June 18; hence my belief that the White House statement was issued six days before the event.

I'll go back to reading comic books now.

:leaving:
Chocolate doesn't ask silly questions. Chocolate understands.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
Klaus
Jun 13 2018, 03:21 AM
Jolly
Jun 13 2018, 03:00 AM
Klaus
Jun 12 2018, 10:52 PM
So Trump said, Kim Jong Un is "smart", "loves his country" and "loves his people".

Compare that to his rhetoric at the G7 summit towards the leaders of the G7 countries.

What. The. Fvck.
He's trying to cut a deal.
And cutting a deal justifies validating a totalitarian mass murder that way?

I'm ok with trying to cut a deal with the guy, because I'm a pragmatist. I'm even ok with ignoring the fact that this guy is scum and the human rights situation in NK while cutting a deal. But suggesting that you like the guy, that he loves his country and his people, and that you are going to be good buddies? That crosses a border, especially when it comes only days after Trump insulted most of his (former?) allies.
Right now, I think Trump would butter up Kim with whatever meaningless, soothing sounds he could, if he can denuclearize the Korean Peninsula. A lot of the dangling carrot involves bucket loads of money for the NORKs, in terms of economic development, if the NORKs can play nice.

I suspect the end game is to expose the NORKs to enough capitalism, that the regime will eventually crumple from within and morph into something else.

Trump made the statement last night, that North Korea sits between two of the most robust economies on the planet, with water on either side. Reading between the lines, I think he sees prosperity for the NKs in things such as cheap labor, trade corridor and tourism (believe it or not).
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Klaus
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Of course NK has a potentially bright future, but not with this a$$hole as their "leader".

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
That's what we used to say about China.
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead - Lucille Ball

Klaus
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Compared to NK, China is a free country. Heck, Nazi Germany was a free country compared to NK.

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
Yes, but it wasn't when we opened relations with them.
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead - Lucille Ball

Davis
Member Avatar
Senior Carp
I know the world likes to think we had it so good and now Trump is just wrecking it all. Some think the US has been taken advantage of. Thatís what is going on here.

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: