Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A/C is busted
Topic Started: Jun 12 2018, 04:48 AM (146 Views)
Aqua Letifer
Member Avatar
ZOOOOOM!
Well, that's not entirely accurate. The fans are still working very well—in fact they can't turn them off. But what's coming out is vaguely warm, so it's a good 80+ degrees and humid in this here office.

Everyone was given the option to work from home today. Except for me. Because I'm special like that.

As a matter of fact, I didn't even know the office would be completely empty today, because the office management e-mail went out at 8pm last night and I'm the only one who can't check my e-mail out of the office. Because I'm special like that.

Building management bought these piece of **** dinky fans to help the three of us who are here not have heart attacks today. Overnight, they bought hundreds of these fans. Literally hundreds. For people who aren't even here, who will never use them. And meanwhile they refused my request for a temporary Photoshop license.

I have plans for these fans.
I cite irreconcilable differences.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Catseye3
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
AKA the Fan Plan. :)

But seriously, all this kerfuffle over 80 degrees???
Chocolate doesn't ask silly questions. Chocolate understands.

Aqua Letifer
Member Avatar
ZOOOOOM!
Okay, I made that number up; it is true that I honestly don't know how hot it is.

But my forehead, armpits, feet and underwear know exactly how hot they think it is, and if you did, too you wouldn't be happy.

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
Worked in the lab for a couple of months one summer without A/C. At least we had windows that would open.

And flyswatters.
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Newpianoplayer
Member Avatar
Senior Carp
If you're investing so much money in fans why not buy a portable Air Conditioner https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/category/portable-air-conditioners/20201.aspx

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
Newpianoplayer
Jun 12 2018, 01:57 PM
If you're investing so much money in fans why not buy a portable Air Conditioner https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/category/portable-air-conditioners/20201.aspx
The operating rooms at the university where I worked were built in 1941. They had windows that opened.
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

I'd rather listen to an hour of Abba than an hour of The Beatles.
- Klaus, 4/29/18

Newpianoplayer
Member Avatar
Senior Carp
Join the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
Some sterile field.
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead - Lucille Ball

Newpianoplayer
Member Avatar
Senior Carp
Come bunk with me. My place is freezing.

John D'Oh
Member Avatar
MAMIL
Aqua Letifer
Jun 12 2018, 05:01 AM
But my forehead, armpits, feet and underwear know exactly how hot they think it is, and if you did, too you wouldn't be happy.
My God, it must be hot. Aqua's lost the ability to parse sentences correctly.
What do you mean "we", have you got a mouse in your pocket?

Aqua Letifer
Member Avatar
ZOOOOOM!
John D'Oh
Jun 13 2018, 03:43 AM
Aqua Letifer
Jun 12 2018, 05:01 AM
My God, it must be hot. Aqua's lost the ability to parse sentences correctly.
I've lost the will to give edits.

It cannot be revised.

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply