Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Grumpy Old Men; Rand Paul and his neighbor
Topic Started: Jun 11 2018, 07:00 PM (231 Views)
Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
He was mad about grass clippings it looks like. A leftist - 'you left yard clippings on our property line!'

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2018/06/11/rand-paul-neighbor-who-tackled-senator-angry-yard-debris/692485002/
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead - Lucille Ball
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Davis
Member Avatar
Senior Carp
I am guessing an apology didn’t work? Civil suit up next, this dispute is far from over, right?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
If Paul hadn't been seriously injured, probation is fine. But Paul was seriously injured...And the guy is lucky he didn't kill a sitting U.S. Senator.

I'm thinking 6 months in the pokey would do the guy a world of good.
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
I think perhaps some very conspicuous public service. Like cleaning up roadside yard waste. A lot. perhaps that way he could see that he could have just done it himself and saved a lot of trouble.
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead - Lucille Ball

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
The man has issues. Needs treatment, and that might include some public service, or, perhaps some time with some, um, less-accessible places to reflect on those issues.
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

I'd rather listen to an hour of Abba than an hour of The Beatles.
- Klaus, 4/29/18

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop
Mikhailoh
Jun 11 2018, 07:00 PM
He was mad about grass clippings it looks like. A leftist - 'you left yard clippings on our property line!'

The guy is your nextdoor neighbor, you don't want a feud.

I have gotten to the point where I just trim my clueless neighbor's shrubs that are growing over my fence.

He has no idea. I don't think he even knows that his trees and shrubs grow.

The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

Friday
Senior Carp

:rolleyes2:

Why didn't he just talk to Rand the first time stuff was left out?

Agree with George; this guy has major issues.

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Let's all go to his house and dump our baggers in his yard.

If he comes out swinging I'll beat him with ax.

I mean... an axe...
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
30 days, $10K fine.
Quote:

Special Judge Marianne Battani sentenced Boucher, 60, on Friday in U.S. District Court on the charge of assaulting a member of Congress, levying a $10,000 fine and ordering Boucher to perform 100 hours of community service following his release from prison, during which he will be on supervised release for a year.

Boucher, a retired physician, was charged with the federal crime after tackling Paul, his neighbor in the Rivergreen subdivision in Bowling Green, on Nov. 3 while Paul was doing yard work.

In his first public remarks on the matter, Boucher expressed remorse for his actions.

“What I did was wrong and I’m sincerely sorry for what I did,” Boucher said in court. “It’s not something I’m proud of, I’m embarrassed and I hope (Paul) and his family will one day be able to accept my apology, if possible. I lost my temper and I did not behave well, and I was wrong. I did not think I would be in a courthouse at the center of all this.”

Boucher will be allowed to report to prison at a later date. He left the federal courthouse without speaking to reporters.

Boucher’s attorney, Matt Baker, said his client was relieved to have the case resolved and planned to pay the fine that day.

“I just want to reiterate that Dr. Boucher is glad to have this over with,” Baker said after the sentencing. “I think (Battani) took a look at all the evidence and she saw the big picture.”

Paul did not attend Friday’s sentencing.

Special Prosecutor Bradley Shepard said in court that the senator wished to avoid contributing to “the circus atmosphere ... surrounding this case” by being present, preferring to make the hearing about Boucher’s actions against Paul.

“No one deserves to be violently assaulted,” Paul said in a statement emailed to the Daily News after the hearing. “A felony conviction with jail time is appropriate and hopefully will deter the attacker from further violence. I commend the FBI and Department of Justice for treating this violent, premeditated assault with the seriousness it deserves.”

Shepard sought a 21-month prison sentence, a penalty at the low end of federal sentencing guidelines as they applied to Boucher.

“We believe the original 21-month sentence requested would have been the appropriate punishment,” said Kelsey Cooper, spokeswoman for Paul’s office.

- Mik, 6/14/08

- Klaus, 4/29/18

kluurs
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
anesthesiologists and their lawns... Ron Paul is lucky he survived.

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
As a retired doctor, I've thought of a more fitting punishment...I used to work with an oral surgeon who ran afoul of the law...When sentenced, the judge sentenced him to community service. For a year or so, he spent two or three days a month at the state prison working on inmates.
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
Jolly
Jun 16 2018, 05:13 AM
As a retired doctor, I've thought of a more fitting punishment...I used to work with an oral surgeon who ran afoul of the law...When sentenced, the judge sentenced him to community service. For a year or so, he spent two or three days a month at the state prison working on inmates.
A podiatrist I used to work with volunteered at the Cook County Jail one day a week (well, maybe he got paid, but anyway...).

He loved it. The inmates were grateful, courteous and polite. "You'd never think these guys were a bunch of criminals," he said.

- Mik, 6/14/08

- Klaus, 4/29/18

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
We took care of a lot of inmates. Most of the ones in parish jails and state prisons over an eight parish area. We also took care of the guys from one federal prison. Most of my shop's contact with the prisoners was through the phlebotomists. In 34 years, I can only recall two incidents where we had to get administration of the hospital involved. In neither incident was an employee hurt physically.

One of the guys who used to work for me runs the lab at Angola. He's never had a problem in the five years he's been down there.

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
And in other news, some folks think that Paul is a jackass and deserves everything that happened to him. Mostly because of his politics.

I repeat, if something doesn't change, a civil war is inevitable.

Steve Miller
Member Avatar
Bull-Carp
If young Rand wasn’t so hard on immigrants he wouldn’t have to do his own yard work.
Edited by Steve Miller, Jun 16 2018, 07:21 PM.
Wag more
Bark less

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
Some people like to do yard work. Secondly, I don't think I've seen where Paul has been opposed to legal immigration.

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply