Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
So, George . . .
Topic Started: May 16 2018, 05:14 AM (113 Views)
Catseye3
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
How are you and the family feeling today? Less sore, a little?

Hope so. :hug:
Chocolate doesn't ask silly questions. Chocolate understands.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
Thanks for asking, Cats.

Yeah, we're OK.

It's odd, still, walking around the house being careful to not step on the dog - oh wait, he's not here. Yesterday, I pitched his beds and his automatic feeder - somehow the kitchen seems oddly empty. Every time I hear a tinkle of something, I think it's his collar and tags.

D3 stopped by on Monday with flowers for Mrs. George; I found that very touching. D2 was here on Sunday (visiting from Fort Wayne where she's finishing an internship), and called yesterday. She wept, a lot. At least she had the comfort of seeing him on his last day.

Life will become a bit simpler for us, no need for a house-sitter when we travel. A bit cheaper too. And a lot emptier.
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

I'd rather listen to an hour of Abba than an hour of The Beatles.
- Klaus, 4/29/18

John D'Oh
Member Avatar
MAMIL
I was really sorry to hear about this on FB, George. It's always heartbreaking to lose a family member like this.

As you said, there are upsides to not having a pet, but you sure do miss 'em. We managed to go 5 years without another dog, and then we cracked around last Christmas, partly to give my kids a dog they could relate to.
What do you mean "we", have you got a mouse in your pocket?

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
This is our last dog.

I'm 68, and the thought of having a dog at age 78 ....

Also, house-training and all that stuff, I'm too old for that.

- Mik, 6/14/08

- Klaus, 4/29/18

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
We are having that mental argument too. As much as we miss Mojo and would love another dog, we are looking at a 15 year commitment. We have travel plans that would no accommodate a pet.
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead - Lucille Ball

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
I think I may have said it here - the old Jewish joke: "Life begins when the kids move out and the dog dies."

- Mik, 6/14/08

- Klaus, 4/29/18

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop

A middle-aged dog wouldn't last as long, just a thought.
The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

taiwan_girl
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
GeorgeK, I am sure it will take some time, and even this, you will still feel the presence of your dog. :hug:

How is the shoulder of Mrs GeorgeK going?

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply