Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Third Man
Topic Started: Apr 16 2018, 11:43 AM (1,086 Views)
George K
Member Avatar
Finally
Trump Attorney has said that he has only 3 clients:

1) Trump
2) GOP fundraiser Elliott Broidy.

So who's #3?

Posted Image
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

"There are 57 different genders, but politics is binary."
- David Burge, 7/29/18
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
Yep.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/16/cohen-attorneys-say-feds-seized-devices-that-have-nothing-to-do-with-warrant-rip-unprecedented-search.html
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
Iím sure he stayed silent about the Cohen raid since he obviously didnít feel comfortable disclosing his relationship before today.

I mean, Iím assuming here.
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
I made the mistake, about 10 years ago, of listening to about 30 minutes of his radio show. Really turned me off. He was condescending, arrogant, and just plain mean to callers with whom he disagreed.

I've watched his TV show only sporadically, but the memory of that radio show sticks with me.

I might tune in tonight just for sh!ts and giggles.

- Mik, 6/14/08

- David Burge, 7/29/18

Davis
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
I donít watch Hannity but what was his relationship with Cohen? I thought I heard some real estate stuff but I havenít been following too closely.
Edited by Davis, Apr 16 2018, 03:32 PM.

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
Just went to Fox News. No word about this on the home page (mobile edition).

Even the story about client #2 didnít mention client #3.

Of course I didnít read every story and click every link, it may be buried in there somewhere.

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop
Mr Hannity asked Mr. Cohen for some advice on a real estate deal. He did not pay for the advice, he asked some questions and got some advice.

The reason to reveal this is that now cnn can refer to fox as the "broadcast arm of the whitehouse", which they are now doing.

Anything that may have happened with the advice is not important, the noise about it and fox is the thing.

The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop
jon-nyc
Apr 16 2018, 03:35 PM
Just went to Fox News. No word about this on the home page (mobile edition).

Even the story about client #2 didnít mention client #3.

Of course I didnít read every story and click every link, it may be buried in there somewhere.

They did a segment on this during the evening news show with Bret Baier.

Mr. Baier mentioned that Mr. Hannity was the major topic on cable news for most of the day today.

You have to scroll down a few times on the fox home to find this headline "Sean Hannity denies being Michael Cohen's client"

Edited by Copper, Apr 16 2018, 03:39 PM.
The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

Davis
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Letís see if there is a story here or not. Pays sometimes not jump too fast. Itís a perfect story if he is in deep but a total embarrassment if heís not and the main stream media jumped on it.
Edited by Davis, Apr 16 2018, 03:41 PM.

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
Copper
Apr 16 2018, 03:36 PM
Mr Hannity asked Mr. Cohen for some advice on a real estate deal. He did not pay for the advice, he asked some questions and got some advice.

The reason to reveal this is that now cnn can refer to fox as the "broadcast arm of the whitehouse".

Doesnít pass the snif test. Why would Cohen reveal him as a client, which he was obviously loathe to do, if he wasnít a client?

Davis
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Cohen said he didnít go to Prague many times now. We will find out soon enough the truth about all sorts of things. Canít be that hard to know if he went to Prague.

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop
jon-nyc
Apr 16 2018, 03:41 PM
Copper
Apr 16 2018, 03:36 PM

The reason to reveal this is that now cnn can refer to fox as the "broadcast arm of the whitehouse".

Doesnít pass the snif test. Why would Cohen reveal him as a client, which he was obviously loathe to do, if he wasnít a client?

Nobody denies the exchange of legal advice. Both parties say there was no money exchanged. So far not even cnn seems to be suggesting this isn't the case.

Mr. Cohen would reveal him because he has probably been told by the FBI that they already know this because of the documents they took. And the judge demanded this morning that he reveal Mr. Hannity's name.

I don't think anyone is denying he was a client. All the noise about payment is just meant to characterize the relationship.

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
Iím no expert, but it seems the no money thing would give him reason to deny he was a client.

I donít know how many lawyers youíve engaged, but but itís not uncommon for them to talk to you and answer some questions. In my experience you become a client when you retain them.

Davis
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
jon-nyc
Apr 16 2018, 03:48 PM
Iím no expert, but it seems the no money thing would give him reason to deny he was a client.

I donít know how many lawyers youíve engaged, but but itís not uncommon for them to talk to you and answer some questions. In my experience you become a client when you retain them.
Hannity denied. If heís lying and all evidence is in the FBIís hands he will go down hard. Now why would he deny if the proof is in the FBIís hands? Whatís your theory on that?

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
jon-nyc

Sean speaks:
Quote:

Michael Cohen has never represented me in any matter. I never retained him, received an invoice, or paid legal fees. I have occasionally had brief discussions with him about legal questions about which I wanted his input and perspective.

I assumed those conversations were confidential, but to be absolutely clear they never involved any matter between me and a third-party.

In response to some wild speculation, let me make clear that I did not ask Michael Cohen to bring this proceeding on my behalf, I have no personal interest in this proceeding, and, in fact, asked that my de minimis discussions with Michael Cohen, which dealt almost exclusively about real estate, not be made a part of this proceeding.

- Mik, 6/14/08

- David Burge, 7/29/18

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop
jon-nyc

I have hired a few lawyers. I told them what I needed, they did the work and sent a bill.

Mr. Hannity said he didn't retain Mr. Cohen. I don't see why it matters.

I don't think anything was denied by anyone.

I think Mr. Hannity is just making the point that the relationship was brief and not significant.

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
Davis
Apr 16 2018, 03:43 PM
Cohen said he didnít go to Prague many times now. We will find out soon enough the truth about all sorts of things. Canít be that hard to know if he went to Prague.
One would think they could check his passport.
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there's a gun around, I want to be controlling it." Clint Eastwood, Pink Cadillac

Davis
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Someone is way out over their skis.

John Galt
Fulla-Carp
Cohen went to the mat to protect Hannity and finally names him as a client.
Hannity denies being a client.

Then Hannity says this:

Quote:

Hannity made further comments that appear to be somewhat inconsistent with the statement he issued through Fox News. He said that he might have paid Cohen a small fee, after all, and said he did not merely assume that their conversations were privileged but rather sought assurances.

ďI might have handed him 10 bucks [and said,] 'I definitely want your attorney-client privilege on this,' Ē Hannity said on the radio. ďSomething like that. I requested that privilege with him when I would ask him: 'Well, this just came up. What do you think about this? What do you think about that?' Ē

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/04/16/the-gaping-hole-in-sean-hannitys-story-about-being-michael-cohens-client/?utm_term=.2de4ded5be36

Things don't add up.

Oh, and Dershowitz says that handing a lawyer ten bucks doesn't constitute a retainer, and that any attorney worth his salt would immediately hand it back and make it clear there is no attorney-client privelege.
Edited by John Galt, Apr 16 2018, 04:35 PM.
Let us begin anew, remembering on both sides that civility is not a sign of weakness.

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
Davis
Apr 16 2018, 03:55 PM
Hannity denied. If heís lying and all evidence is in the FBIís hands he will go down hard. Now why would he deny if the proof is in the FBIís hands? Whatís your theory on that?
Well Hannity denied. Cohen didnít, though he was clearly motivated not to reveal it.

Why could that be? Letís explore some possibilities.

Cohen is talking to the feds and the courts. Hannity is talking to the public. Which would you rather lie to? .

Cohen might be stretching the truth in an attemot to privilege communications between him and Hannity. (Things that make you go hmmmm...)

Hannity may have nothing to lose by minimizing the relationship. Heís not under investigation by the feds, even if they find paid invoices for a bimbo payoff or something thereís nothing theyíd need to do with that info. It wouldnít clear the Ďtaint teamí. So I think your comment about going down hard is just incorrect.

John Galt
Fulla-Carp
I thought this thread was going to be about this:

Let us begin anew, remembering on both sides that civility is not a sign of weakness.

Davis
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Fair enough but my comment was directed at losing all credibility. Maybe it wonít faze his audience or Fox News but he would forever be tainted as a liar which he would hate I assume.

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
I donít think it would taint him. (Thereís that word again :)

Heíd tell some version of ĎI had to lie about it because the outgroup is so badí and be forgiven.

Davis
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
My take is what Dershowitz predicted is coming true. The silence or the ACLU and The law profession generally if it continues will be a big set back long term. You want to talk about autocracy itís a great debate as to what is really happening here.

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
I guess thatís one theory. Another interpretation is that it shows the system is working. Even the presidentís men are not above the law.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: