Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Telling The Psychiatrist What He/She Wants To Hear
Topic Started: Apr 15 2018, 02:52 PM (128 Views)
MainerMikeBrown
Senior Carp
Some people dealing with mental illness have issues which are so severe that they need to be hospitalized until they start to feel better emotionally and are ready to leave the hospital.

But their are those who are released from the hospital too early because they tell the psychiatrist that they're doing better than they actually are just so they can be released from the hospital. They just tell their doctor what they want to hear.

However, to do this is a bad, bad idea.

If someone is released from the hospital too early because they lie to the psychiatrist, they're not doing themselves any favors. If the person chooses to do this, their is a good chance that in less than twenty four hours they'll end up back in the hospital because they can't handle challenges in their life.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
:leaving:
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

MainerMikeBrown
Senior Carp
I've been in mental hospitals as a patient before back in the day. And I've never told the psychiatrist that I was doing better than I actually was because I knew that by doing that, I wasn't doing myself any favors.
Edited by MainerMikeBrown, Apr 16 2018, 07:41 AM.

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Ever run into a wrinkled up old woman who looked like the cartoon character Goofy?...

She's from Maine too...
Edited by Larry, Apr 16 2018, 08:07 AM.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply