Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
It's Saturday, What is/was for dinner?
Topic Started: Apr 14 2018, 03:45 PM (449 Views)
Luke's Dad
Member Avatar
Emperor Pengin
I got home late, but still wanted to grill, so there are some potatoes and onions on the grill now with the asparagus and salmon ready to go on next.
The problem with having an open mind is that people keep trying to put things in it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
Sigh...take home pizza.
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

Free is never free, regardless if it is from corporations or government.
-Davis, 3/28/17
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
Grilled tri-tip, Caesar salad and corn on the cob. Florida corn is unusually good this year.
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead - Lucille Ball

sue
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
steaks on the grill, and I'm making a pear, arugula and goat cheese salad. Maybe some quinoa on the side. Or pasta - tbd.

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop
George K
Apr 14 2018, 03:47 PM
Sigh...take home pizza.

Papa John's delivery - large pepperoni, thin crust - excellent.

The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

Luke's Dad
Member Avatar
Emperor Pengin
Copper
Apr 14 2018, 03:52 PM
George K
Apr 14 2018, 03:47 PM
Sigh...take home pizza.

Papa John's delivery - large pepperoni, thin crust - excellent.

I like Papa John's crust. Don't like the pizza, but I like the crust.
The problem with having an open mind is that people keep trying to put things in it.

Jolly
Member Avatar
The Truth is out there.
I've got some cheese box catfish. I filleted a couple for the missus and I'm steaking a couple for me. Fry those up, then plate that with potato salad and hush puppies, and we shall dine....
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Axtremus
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Had big lunch, will most likely skip dinner.

bachophile
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
leftovers from friday night

chicken and rice heated in the microwave with a beer

it was adequate
"I don't know much about classical music. For years I thought the Goldberg Variations were something Mr. and Mrs. Goldberg did on their wedding night." Woody Allen

Klaus
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Lots of meat on the charcoal grill with salad and bread.
Trifonov Fleisher Klaus Sokolov Zimmerman

MainerMikeBrown
Senior Carp
Last night I had macaroni and cheese for supper, with hot dogs on the side, but not in a bun.

Aqua Letifer
Member Avatar
ZOOOOOM!
Yesterday, I bought $231 worth of groceries for about 21 crockpot recipes. Today Iím prepping all of them, putting them in ziploc bags and putting them in a freezer. Each one easily serves 4, so when you factor in the cost per meal and the total prep/cook/cleanup time, they each come to about 12 minutes and $3.00 per meal.

And I wonít have to do this again for another month.

So ****ing winning.
I cite irreconcilable differences.

Jolly
Member Avatar
The Truth is out there.
Aqua Letifer
Apr 15 2018, 12:31 PM
Yesterday, I bought $231 worth of groceries for about 21 crockpot recipes. Today Iím prepping all of them, putting them in ziploc bags and putting them in a freezer. Each one easily serves 4, so when you factor in the cost per meal and the total prep/cook/cleanup time, they each come to about 12 minutes and $3.00 per meal.

So ****ing winning.
Is there anything Trump can't do? :tongue:
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Aqua Letifer
Member Avatar
ZOOOOOM!
Jolly
Apr 15 2018, 12:33 PM
Aqua Letifer
Apr 15 2018, 12:31 PM

So ****ing winning.
Is there anything Trump can't do? :tongue:
That list easily exceeds my most recent grocery list.
I cite irreconcilable differences.

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
Yesterday we had blackened mahi mahi with Peruvian green sauce. Orzo salad with feta, cherry tomatoes, basil, and pine nuts on the side.

Liszt Godowsky jon-nyc Rachmaninoff Hamelin

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
Getting ready to start a new recipe for Bolognese that is touted as the best. We shall see.
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead - Lucille Ball

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
Iíve made a proper bolognese just once. Hours of chopping.
Liszt Godowsky jon-nyc Rachmaninoff Hamelin

Klaus
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
jon-nyc
Apr 15 2018, 01:14 PM
What is a "proper" bolognese?

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/real-italian-bolognese-sauce-83950

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
jon-nyc
Nah. You buy frozen, prechopped mirepoix. A buck a bag and the best bargain ever. I've compared it to hand chopped fresh and there really is no difference.

I won't be cooking this one more than two hours, but it is still 95% as good.

Klaus
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Mikhailoh
Apr 15 2018, 01:37 PM
Now I don't dare to ask what the improper way to make a bolognese is.

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
Well, with fish would be a good place to start. There is a lot of argument about what a REAL Bolognese consists of. there is no REAL consensus. I mix it up a lot. In this one I used a strong mushroom stock instead of beef consomme because I could do 8 oz of it instead of burning a 24 oz box of beef stock. I even make a white Bolognese which is to die for. learned it in Omaha of all places.

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
Oh, and I also used a product I never have before - ground pork WITH smoked bacon ground into it. Along with the pancetta I used it should be tasty.

Jolly
Member Avatar
The Truth is out there.
Mikhailoh
Apr 15 2018, 01:38 PM
jon-nyc
Nah. You buy frozen, prechopped mirepoix. A buck a bag and the best bargain ever. I've compared it to hand chopped fresh and there really is no difference.

I won't be cooking this one more than two hours, but it is still 95% as good.
Nah, make your own and freeze. Cheaper, and you control the proportions. I find the bought stuff heavy on the onions.

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
Actually, Jolly, I used the trinity today - it was all I had. Just cut up and added some carrots to it.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: