Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Truck vs Bridge
Topic Started: Apr 14 2018, 04:52 AM (208 Views)
George K
Member Avatar
Finally
Yeah, we've all seen those too-tall trucks hitting the underside of a bridge.

But, none of them are as spectacular (or stupid) as this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHF-7tMdTl8&ab_channel=ViralHog

A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

"There are 57 different genders, but politics is binary."
- David Burge, 7/29/18
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop

Stupid.

Where is that sign?

I think it says Quebec Autoroute 40 Trois-Rivieres Quebec

The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
Wow.

That is the kind of thing that recalibrates your definition of a bad day.
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
Itís useful to remember that the identical mental slip happens to all of us, just with far less dramatic consequences.

brenda
Member Avatar
The driver of the car underestimated the spray of debris from the crash. They needed to stay further away, but at least they entertained us. 😄
ďWeeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.Ē
~A.A. Milne

Klaus
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
brenda
Apr 14 2018, 06:25 AM
The driver of the car underestimated the spray of debris from the crash. They needed to stay further away, but at least they entertained us. 😄
Yes, I was surprised he didn't keep more distance, given that he knew what was coming. Also, no attempt to warn the driver with the horn?

I also don't quite understand why these trucks don't warn the driver if they go more than 3mph or so like that.
Edited by Klaus, Apr 15 2018, 01:52 AM.
Trifonov Fleisher Klaus Sokolov Zimmerman

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
jon-nyc
Apr 14 2018, 06:10 AM
Itís useful to remember that the identical mental slip happens to all of us, just with far less dramatic consequences.
Indeed. Would make an interesting thread.
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there's a gun around, I want to be controlling it." Clint Eastwood, Pink Cadillac

Riley
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
jon-nyc
Apr 14 2018, 06:10 AM
Yup, I totally did that exact thing once, only on a forklift and going much slower.

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
My version would be driving away with sunglasses on top of the car. Iíve also started to back up when a door was still open, only to notice immediately and stop.

Horace
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
When I get my car back from the shop, the headlights are turned from Auto to Off, and the emergency break will be set. I'll usually notice the lights somewhere in the middle of the interstate at night, and I'll usually notice the parking break by smell.
As a good person, I implore you to do as I, a good person, do. Be good. Do NOT be bad. If you see bad, end bad. End it in yourself, and end it in others. By any means necessary, the good must conquer the bad. Good people know this. Do you know this? Are you good?

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply