Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
apple music vs spotify
Topic Started: Mar 13 2018, 10:58 AM (57 Views)
bachophile
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
any differences?

spotify has just become available in israel.

i personally have an apple music subscription and i can't possibly see how anything can offer more, since as far as i can tell apple music has everything ever published.

so whats the big deal with spotify?
"I don't know much about classical music. For years I thought the Goldberg Variations were something Mr. and Mrs. Goldberg did on their wedding night." Woody Allen
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

xenon
Member Avatar
Senior Carp
Same library. Thatís a wash.

Spotify is generally thought to have a better interface and is available on more devices. In the US thereís a larger network of people using it and sharing playlists.

The discovery and recommendations are much better on Spotify (last time I tried Apple Music was a year ago).

Apple Music is going to be more integrated to the ecosystem (e.g. if you have the HomePod speakers)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aqua Letifer
Member Avatar
ZOOOOOM!
Spotify sucks. And there is acutally a big difference between the two.

I have the paid version. I hate setting up playlists, so I like to just select a band or something and just hit Shuffle Play. But Spotifyís shuffler is NOT random; they place a very heavy weight on the crap they want you to buy, which always seems to be live albums. If you want a true shuffle, you gotta make a playlist.

Also, Spitify uses the Netflix model: they donít carry every album by each band, and the albums do come and go. Like what youíre listening to? Donít get too attached, it could be gone at any moment. (This doesnít happen often but enough to notice and be annoyed by it.)
I cite irreconcilable differences.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
Whatís the classical music selection like on these services?

And do they make it straightforward to search/sort by composer?
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
jon-nyc
Mar 13 2018, 11:45 AM
And do they make it straightforward to search/sort by composer?
Not if you ask Siri. :veryangry:
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

I'd rather listen to an hour of Abba than an hour of The Beatles.
- Klaus, 4/29/18

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply