Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Off to Sin City
Topic Started: Mar 9 2018, 07:28 AM (359 Views)
Nobody's Sock
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Heading out to Vegas for a weekend of baseball. Big nationwide tournament. 6 hour drive from my place. Not much time to sin though.

Will keep posting when I can, someone has to keep Larry on his toes. :lol2:

:cheers:
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Davis
Member Avatar
Senior Carp
Nobody's Sock
Mar 9 2018, 07:28 AM
Heading out to Vegas for a weekend of baseball. Big nationwide tournament. 6 hour drive from my place. Not much time to sin though.

Take a hard look at how money is spent there and how freely it is dropped for nothing all day long. Seems like it would not jive with your sensibilities, but we are all craft a narrative we can enjoy. :lol2: Your sanctimony must go on ice at will. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop

Nobody goes there anymore.
The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
Copper
Mar 9 2018, 08:36 AM
:uparrow:

(insert Yogi Berra Quote here)
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

I'd rather listen to an hour of Abba than an hour of The Beatles.
- Klaus, 4/29/18
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Davis
Member Avatar
Senior Carp
George K
Mar 9 2018, 08:42 AM
Copper
Mar 9 2018, 08:36 AM
:uparrow:

(insert Yogi Berra Quote here)
The place is jumpin. Why, government regs are irrelevant, it’s a holiday from the social construct we’ve created. Don’t kid your self and the more pain and rules we inflict the more powerful Vegas becomes.

Davis
Member Avatar
Senior Carp
Sock...make sure you go to Oscar’s and get th t-shirt, “beer, beef and broads”. Wear it around the home town. :lol2:

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
Driving six hours to play with balls?

Nah....
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Nobody's Sock
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Davis
Mar 9 2018, 08:10 AM
Nobody's Sock

Take a hard look at how money is spent there and how freely it is dropped for nothing all day long. Seems like it would not jive with your sensibilities, but we are all craft a narrative we can enjoy. :lol2: Your sanctimony must go on ice at will. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Jesus christ! I'm just playing baseball. Fyi, I detest this town. I don't gamble nor will i stay in a hotel that charges resort fees. The greed here is the worst and yes, it's kinda disgusting watching people throw their hard earned money like it was monopoly money. I do like the food options here though. Heading to a seafood buffet right now. Love me some crab legs.

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
I really need to take a look. Last time I was there was in 1976.
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead - Lucille Ball

Davis
Member Avatar
Senior Carp
Mikhailoh
Mar 9 2018, 03:52 PM
Go anytime October to March, stay at the Wynn for the nicest experience. Do a show a night. Eat at any of a million places. The party set does starting Thursday and bails out Sunday, big migration from Los Angeles especially. You’d like mid week the most.

Aqua Letifer
Member Avatar
ZOOOOOM!
Nobody's Sock
Mar 9 2018, 02:57 PM
Davis
Nobody's Sock

Jesus christ! I'm just playing baseball. Fyi, I detest this town. I don't gamble nor will i stay in a hotel that charges resort fees. The greed here is the worst and yes, it's kinda disgusting watching people throw their hard earned money like it was monopoly money. I do like the food options here though. Heading to a seafood buffet right now. Love me some crab legs.
Vegas: come for the gambling, do no gambling, stay for the buffets and the baseball. :lol: :thumb:

What position?
I cite irreconcilable differences.

Davis
Member Avatar
Senior Carp
You can still try and do Vegas on the cheap but you will know you are flying the middle seat in the back of a plane. Vegas has figured out people will drop cold hard cash and doesn’t need loss leaders anymore.

Axtremus
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Visited Las Vegas recently. Don’t find the food all that impressive, but certainly expensive, very expensive when adjusted for quality.

And the taxis ... it seems all of them charge an extra $3 “voucher fee” if you pay by credit card. I don’t see any good justification for that extra $3 surcharge just for using a credit card. :shrug:

bachophile
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Nobody's Sock
Davis
Nobody's Sock

Interesting that a land locked arid desert town could attract people with sea food.

"I don't know much about classical music. For years I thought the Goldberg Variations were something Mr. and Mrs. Goldberg did on their wedding night." Woody Allen

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
Mikhailoh
Mar 9 2018, 03:52 PM
You’d probably enjoy it even if you don’t like to gamble. The restaurant scene is now fantastic, and the shows can be pretty cool.

Ain’t cheap, though.
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
Too bad. I went with my father on a junket. They flew us out, put us up, fed us, all the drinks we wanted, the best food and wine, any show in town we wanted to go to comped. You just had to run a certain amount of money through the tables. Dad knew how to do that and lose much less than the vacation should cost.
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead - Lucille Ball

Nobody's Sock
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Aqua Letifer
Mar 9 2018, 05:34 PM
Nobody's Sock
Davis
Nobody's Sock

Vegas: come for the gambling, do no gambling, stay for the buffets and the baseball. :lol: :thumb:

What position?
1st base. And pitcher. I'm a lefty. But u all knew that already. Lol!

Nobody's Sock
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
bachophile
Mar 9 2018, 10:58 PM
Nobody's Sock
Davis
Nobody's Sock

Interesting that a land locked arid desert town could attract people with sea food.

Ain't 'Merica great? I am still stuffed this morning. Crab legs and oysters are rumbling in my belly. 8:45am first game! Yee haw!

Friday
Senior Carp
Good luck!

brenda
Member Avatar
Yes, good luck, NS!
“Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
~A.A. Milne

Nobody's Sock
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Thank u ladies. At Applebee's having lunch before our second game. We won the first one 7 to 2. A bases loaded throwing error by their shortstop was a big game changer costing them 3 runs in the middle of t her game. 1 and oh is a good start!

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
I hope you're not a pitcher. you'd throw them all so far to the Left all you'd throw is balls.

Which that in itself is funny, if you think about it....
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Steve Miller
Member Avatar
Bull-Carp
What league are you with, NS?
Wag more
Bark less

Nobody's Sock
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Posted Image

We are 2 and 0! Post game pic. I'm the cool one on the right with shades. 2 more games tomorrow. Time for some sashimi and sake!

Steve Miller
Member Avatar
Bull-Carp
Is that the AAA field just north of town?

What’s the league?
Wag more
Bark less

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: