Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
I usually carry a gun in church...
Topic Started: Mar 2 2018, 06:49 PM (378 Views)
George K
Member Avatar
Finally
Axtremus
Mar 3 2018, 08:15 PM
Larry
Mar 3 2018, 08:02 PM
They believe that rev. Moon is Christ.[
They believe “Rev. Moon met Jesus Christ,” not “Rev. Moon is Jesus Christ.”
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unification_Church_of_the_United_States
Quote:

The Unification Church of the United States was met with widespread criticism beginning in the early 1970s. The main points of criticism were the church's unorthodox theology, especially the belief that Moon is the second coming of Christ;
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

I'd rather listen to an hour of Abba than an hour of The Beatles.
- Klaus, 4/29/18
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
Riley
Mar 4 2018, 01:03 AM
How can this be a cult, if Mormonism is not?
I have to go make more popcorn...

- Mik, 6/14/08

- Klaus, 4/29/18

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
Larry
Mar 3 2018, 08:25 PM
Jesus doesn't have a brother. The bible says he was the only begotten son.
There are several accounts of gospels (not part of the canon) which indicate that Jesus did, in fact, have at least one brother.

My impression was that "begotten" meant his father was, well, God the Father. That doesn't mean that Jospeh and Mary didn't have other children, does it?

Of course, I'm commenting way over my knowledge here...

- Mik, 6/14/08

- Klaus, 4/29/18

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
When I say Jesus didn't have a brother, I mean in the sense that Jesus was God's Son. God didn't have any other "sons". Jesus DID have brothers who were sons of Joseph, but Jesus was not Joseph's son.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
Axtremus
Mar 3 2018, 07:44 PM
Larry
Mar 3 2018, 02:52 PM
... this isn't a Christian church, or Jewish either for that matter. It's the Moonies.
In their own minds, they are a Christian Church.

http://sanctuary-pa.org/

Quote:

Our pastor, Rev. Hyung Jin Moon, and his wife Rev. Yeon Ah Lee Moon, are the appointed heir/successor couple carrying on the providential work of his father, the Rev. Sun Myung Moon, whose encounter with Jesus at age 15 led to his six decade worldwide ministry to fulfill Christ's mission, based on his Biblically based teachings, the Divine Principle.
If you knew your Bible, you would know that is impossible.
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
Riley
Mormonism is a cult.

Read your Bible.
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
Larry
Mar 4 2018, 04:58 AM
When I say Jesus didn't have a brother, I mean in the sense that Jesus was God's Son. God didn't have any other "sons". Jesus DID have brothers who were sons of Joseph, but Jesus was not Joseph's son.
That's basically what I was saying.

- Mik, 6/14/08

- Klaus, 4/29/18

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Riley
Mormonism is a cult also. Now it's true that the religion has sort of "settled in" so to speak and shed most of it's cult heritage, but mormonism is most definitely NOT a Christian religion. Neither is the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Both fail the most fundamental of tests to be a Christian denomination:
1. Neither of them believe that Jesus was God incarnate (in flesh).
2. both of them have their own "bibles" that replace the bible of Christianity.

Mormons believe that all males who follow Mormonism faithfully (and not the bible, but what's taught in the Book of Mormon)that after their deaths they will go to the planet Kolob to sit before the Council of Gods (Christianity believes in one God, not a council of them) where they will be judged, and if found worthy, will be assigned their own planet to be the God of. In other words, if you're a good mormon you will become God too. Mormon males marry lots and lots of women during their earthly life, but in "spirit marriages" only. Once they are assigned their own planet to be the God of, they call out the names of all these women they married in "celestial marriage ceremonies" while they were on earth, and these womens' souls are then released from the grave to go to be with him, where he will spend eternity having sex with all of them, creating "spiritual babies" who will become the souls of the human babies that get born on the planet he is God of. That probably sounds as goofy as hell, but that's because it IS goofy as hell. And it is NOT Christian. So no matter how good a life individual mormons live, they have been deceived.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
George K
Mar 4 2018, 05:11 AM
Larry
Mar 4 2018, 04:58 AM
That's basically what I was saying.
I know. I just wanted to clarify what I meant when I said Jesus didn't have a "Brother".
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop

One man's take on Jesus

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077N73P63/?ref=dvm_us_dl_sl_go_smd|c_254084199073_m_BT2lgltR-dc_s__&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIstqvhZTT2QIVTlgNCh1iDgGnEAAYASAAEgJ65fD_BwE
The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

taiwan_girl
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
What is the difference between a cult and a religion? I know that most people think that cults are kind of crazy people who believe things that in the minority. (And for honesty, a lot of cults are pretty crazy). But, most religions when they started out had some "crazy" ideas that were in the minority.

But, if someone like Jesus or MOhammed were to appear right now, everybody would say they were a cult, even if they were a true person.

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop

If you are going to start a religion you should be prepared for some people to be skeptical.

As you may know there were some people who nailed Jesus before the Vatican City was even built.

The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

Klaus
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
George K
Mar 4 2018, 04:33 AM
especially the belief that Moon is the second coming of Christ
Yes, second comings are always difficult. The older I am the more difficult it gets.
Trifonov Fleisher Klaus Sokolov Zimmerman

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: