Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
I usually carry a gun in church...
Topic Started: Mar 2 2018, 06:49 PM (377 Views)
Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
But this pegs out the weirdometer...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43231638
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
Don't f**k with THOSE bitter clingers. :lol2:
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead - Lucille Ball

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop

My understanding is that some churches don't do that.

The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
Copper
Mar 2 2018, 07:11 PM

Most don't.

Not completely sure about the Catholics... :silly:
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Klaus
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Posted Image
George??
Trifonov Fleisher Klaus Sokolov Zimmerman
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
Klaus
Mar 3 2018, 01:29 AM
George??
:lol2:
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
Klaus
Mar 3 2018, 01:29 AM
George??
Posted Image

Actually, when I saw that article last night, I thought, "Gee, that *does* look like me, doesn't it?"

Posted Image
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

I'd rather listen to an hour of Abba than an hour of The Beatles.
- Klaus, 4/29/18

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
Nah, you don't have a gun....

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop
Jolly
Mar 2 2018, 07:23 PM
Copper

Most don't.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could get your guns blessed in a Catholic church. Although it is probably not a regularly scheduled event.

There was a priest here who used to bless motorcycles.

The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
Copper
Mar 3 2018, 07:58 AM
Jolly
Mar 2 2018, 07:23 PM
Copper

Most don't.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could get your guns blessed in a Catholic church. Although it is probably not a regularly scheduled event.

There was a priest here who used to bless motorcycles.

You can get them blessed. Even get them done in a Baptist church down here. It's usually billed as a Blessing of the Hunt, etc. We've also got pet blessings and all other kinds of stuff...

Davis
Member Avatar
Senior Carp
Bless their hearts.

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Hey John Galt! How about pointing out to the nitwits over at WTF that this isn't a Christian church, or Jewish either for that matter. It's the Moonies. Don't judge churches by anything the Moonies do, everyone knows they're not Christian, and they're crazy.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
Larry
Mar 3 2018, 02:52 PM
Hey John Galt! How about pointing out to the nitwits over at WTF that this isn't a Christian church, or Jewish either for that matter. It's the Moonies. Don't judge churches by anything the Moonies do, everyone knows they're not Christian, and they're crazy.
Have we triggered someone over there?

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Oh, they just couldn't pass up the opportunity to express their disdain for churches..
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
Larry
Mar 3 2018, 03:11 PM
Oh, they just couldn't pass up the opportunity to express their disdain for churches..
Ah yes...Religion is the opium of the masses or some such bullshiite.

I swear, some of those folks were weaned on pickle juice...

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Some of them are just bat sh!t crazy.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Axtremus
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
... this isn't a Christian church, or Jewish either for that matter. It's the Moonies.
In their own minds, they are a Christian Church.

http://sanctuary-pa.org/

Quote:

Our pastor, Rev. Hyung Jin Moon, and his wife Rev. Yeon Ah Lee Moon, are the appointed heir/successor couple carrying on the providential work of his father, the Rev. Sun Myung Moon, whose encounter with Jesus at age 15 led to his six decade worldwide ministry to fulfill Christ's mission, based on his Biblically based teachings, the Divine Principle.

Davis
Member Avatar
Senior Carp
Axtremus
Mar 3 2018, 07:44 PM
Larry
... this isn't a Christian church, or Jewish either for that matter. It's the Moonies.
In their own minds, they are a Christian Church.

http://sanctuary-pa.org/

Quote:

Our pastor, Rev. Hyung Jin Moon, and his wife Rev. Yeon Ah Lee Moon, are the appointed heir/successor couple carrying on the providential work of his father, the Rev. Sun Myung Moon, whose encounter with Jesus at age 15 led to his six decade worldwide ministry to fulfill Christ's mission, based on his Biblically based teachings, the Divine Principle.
Just for clarification this branch of the Moonies is not recognized by the Moonies. So it’s not clear who exactly they represent other than themselves.

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Just because they think they are doesn't mean they are. They believe that rev. Moon is Christ. There is nothing bible based about them.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Axtremus
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
Mar 3 2018, 08:02 PM
They believe that rev. Moon is Christ.[
They believe “Rev. Moon met Jesus Christ,” not “Rev. Moon is Jesus Christ.”

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Axtremus
Mar 3 2018, 08:15 PM
Larry
Sorry, but you are uninformed.

Moon claimed to be the Messiah, Jesus's brother, sent to finish the messianic work that Jesus failed to accomplish.

Jesus doesn't have a brother. The bible says he was the only begotten son.
Jesus finished his messianic work.

Every cult out there attempts to legitimize it's existence by doing two things:
1. Claim association with an established religion
2. Redefine scripture to claim their leader is the real leader of that established religion.

The unification church is a cult. There is nothing Christian about the religion.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Axtremus
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
Mar 3 2018, 08:25 PM
Axtremus
Mar 3 2018, 08:15 PM
Larry
Sorry, but you are uninformed.

Moon claimed to be the Messiah, Jesus's brother, sent to finish the messianic work that Jesus failed to accomplish.
Nope, you are wrong in that Moon never claims to be Jesus Christ's brother.

And note you have just contradicted yourself ... earlier you said the Moonies believe that "Rev. Moon is Jesus," now you're saying "Rev. Moon is Jesus' brother."

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
What the hell would you know about any of this anyway..

No, I'm NOT wrong, you pinhead. Google it instead of sitting there being stupid.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
And I didn't contradict myself. Moon's story changed over time, specifically when his cult tried to get established in the US and people weren't stupid enough to buy his "I am jesus" claim. He then claimed to be the Messiah, and most people didn't fall for that either, because saying you're the Messiah is the same as saying you're Jesus. So he changed it again, claiming to be Jesus's brother, come to finish the job of messiah.

Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Riley
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
How can this be a cult, if Mormonism is not?

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: