Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hating America
Topic Started: Feb 13 2018, 10:31 AM (277 Views)
Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
http://thefederalist.com/2018/02/12/dear-america-news-media-absolutely-hates/
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aqua Letifer
Member Avatar
ZOOOOOM!
Oh for ****'s sake.
I cite irreconcilable differences.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
Aqua Letifer
Feb 13 2018, 11:03 AM
Oh for ****'s sake.
Ah, young Padawan, you need perception.

The NORKs have been playing the press like a violin. We know they hate Trump or anything connected to him, but they still don't have to drink the North Korean kool-aid.
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop

The vulgarity is kind of ambiguous, but the thread title is accurate.

I think the point of the story is here
Quote:

Let’s be clear about what this is: this is 15 year veteran reporter at CNN, Will Ripley, just straight up delivering North Korean propaganda whole cloth to an American audience, simply because it criticizes the Trump administration.

Anyone who has spent any time watching cnn over the last few years is familiar with this theme.

The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

Luke's Dad
Member Avatar
Emperor Pengin
Wait a minute, if the news based media hates America, and Federalist is a news based media outlet...
The problem with having an open mind is that people keep trying to put things in it.

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
Luke's Dad
Feb 13 2018, 03:10 PM
Wait a minute, if the news based media hates America, and Federalist is a news based media outlet...
Have they been reporting from South Korea about the NORKs?

Luke's Dad
Member Avatar
Emperor Pengin
Jolly
Feb 13 2018, 03:53 PM
Luke's Dad
Feb 13 2018, 03:10 PM
Have they been reporting from South Korea about the NORKs?
Irrelevant.

The statement made was "Dear America: Your News Media Absolutely Hates You". Which is a ridiculous and contradictory statement. The news media hates me? He's news media? **** it. I don't need to read anymore.

The problem with having an open mind is that people keep trying to put things in it.

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
Therefore, you agree that the American media such as CNN should report North Korean propaganda as fact, as long as it denigrates or puts the Trump Administration in a bad light?

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop

I think the answer is more like "70% of the MEDIA" absolutely hates you.
The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

taiwan_girl
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Sorry, but the article makes no sense. Please look below at the headlines from other news people that the article quotes:

Quote:

CNN: “Kim Jong Un’s sister is stealing the show at the Winter Olympics”
YAHOO: “All swagger and smiles, Kim Jong Un’s mysterious sister gets her star turn at Winter Olympics”
YAHOO: “Kim Yo Jong: N. Korea’s political princess”
BBC: “Kim Jong-un’s sister: ‘Sweet but with a tomboy streak’”
WASHINGTON POST: “The ‘Ivanka Trump of North Korea’ captivates people in the South”
ASSOCIATED PRESS: “At Olympic Games, Kim Jong Un’s sister takes VIP seat”…

I dont see how any of the above are DPRK propaganda. The news of the DPRK delegation going to the Olympics is huge huge news in north Asia. There is a tremendous amount of news focus on them - not only from the US people, but from the ROK, China, Taiwan, etc. etc. Do these countries hate themselves also?

The above is not DPRK progaganda, but just reporting on what is happening. For example:

Quote:

CNN: “Kim Jong Un’s sister is stealing the show at the Winter Olympics”

This visit was front page news for many days in ROK press. Taiwan newspapers had big stories on it. It is true, the visit is probably the biggest thing that happened to the winter olympics in the first few days.

When the President of the US steps off a plane with a band playing, a red carpet on the floor, do you consider this propaganda? When the President of Taiwan does the same, is this propaganda? The leaders of any country try to make themselves appear in the best way possible.

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop

All of it is propaganda.

Tav D
Junior Carp
These stupid headlines whitewash the horrible facts of the DPRK regime. It’s nauseating

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop

Let's compare the Un family to the Charles Manson family.

Nah, don't even bother Manson was small time, same story, but small time.

Imagine the post swooning over Lynette Alice "Squeaky" Fromme showing up at the Olympics.

Sure the post would swoon over Ms. Fromme but it shouldn't.

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
Tav D
Feb 14 2018, 09:11 AM
These stupid headlines whitewash the horrible facts of the DPRK regime. It’s nauseating
Posted Image
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

I'd rather listen to an hour of Abba than an hour of The Beatles.
- Klaus, 4/29/18

taiwan_girl
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
I am not going to be an apology for the DPRK, but in this case, I do not think that any of the articles we are talking about are incorrect or said anything different. As I mentioned, even in the ROK press, the headlines and stories and similar to those we are talking about, and I think the citizens of the ROK are more involved and aware of the situation the most other people in the world.

Should they have said, "Kim Yo Jong is stealing the show at the Winter Olympics. Meanwhile Kim Jong Un continues to have thousands of people in political jails"

What about: "President Trump signs big tax bill, cutting taxes for US people. Meanwhile, the USA continues to send aid to dictatorship countries."

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop

When you put it that way it's hard to see any difference between the USA and North Korea.

taiwan_girl
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Copper
Feb 16 2018, 04:19 PM
When you put it that way it's hard to see any difference between the USA and North Korea.

I believe you are being sarcastic Copper! :) :hug:

But, you are correct, my comparison was not a very good one. So, I apologize for that.

But the point I have been trying to make in this thread is that for the specific instance of Kim Yo Jong visiting the Olympics, the articles as written are entirely correct. Because they are reporting this, that does not mean they hate america.

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply