Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Good people dont defend bad men
Topic Started: Jan 12 2018, 08:15 PM (222 Views)
Nobody's Sock
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
https://johnpavlovitz.com/2018/01/12/good-people-dont-defend-bad-man/
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Horace
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
The problem with the proposition of "good people don't defend bad men" is that lots of good politicians try to get elected. You can try to defend against bad people all you want. We're talking about politicians.
As a good person, I implore you to do as I, a good person, do. Be good. Do NOT be bad. If you see bad, end bad. End it in yourself, and end it in others. By any means necessary, the good must conquer the bad. Good people know this. Do you know this? Are you good?

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
Who gets to decide who is good or bad?
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead - Lucille Ball

Nobody's Sock
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Mikhailoh
Jan 12 2018, 08:26 PM
We all do! I'm still looking for one redeeming quality in agent orange. Still. Anyone? Bueller?
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."

Horace
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Nobody's Sock
Jan 12 2018, 08:33 PM
Mikhailoh
We all do! I'm still looking for one redeeming quality in agent orange. Still. Anyone? Bueller?
My best friends growing up were Vietnamese. Probably not the best childhoods. They had government cheese in their refrigerators. I know government cheese. I also know middle class America.
As a good person, I implore you to do as I, a good person, do. Be good. Do NOT be bad. If you see bad, end bad. End it in yourself, and end it in others. By any means necessary, the good must conquer the bad. Good people know this. Do you know this? Are you good?

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Another idiot screed based on a false narrative. Trump is NOT a "bad man".

Now let's apply that to some actual, real "bad men".... You leftwing rhubarbs are STILL defending Obama, a man so bad one would have to be 7 kinds of stupid to argue otherwise. And you still defend Hillary, a woman who is so bad she can lay claim to being the most corrupt politician in history.

You leftwing nut jobs need to learn how to think for yourselves instead of just running around like a bunch of loons spewing whatever nonsense your handlers tell you you're supposed to say this week.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Axtremus
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Mikhailoh
I do.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Davis
Member Avatar
Senior Carp
Looks to me from scanning the website that the guy is marketing a book. Itís tough selling books and there is all kinds of advice of clever things to do. I guess his was hitch yourself to the Trump wagon.

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
Axtremus
Jan 12 2018, 11:32 PM
Mikhailoh
I do.
For yourself... but the article condemns all those who do not agree with him. It's the height of arrogance and a non-starter.

Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead - Lucille Ball

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
Nobody's Sock
Mikhailoh
Heís not an ideologue.
Liszt Godowsky jon-nyc Rachmaninoff Hamelin

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
Jon :lol2:

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
Iím being serious. I noted that even right after the election. Itís a rare feature in a man full of bugs.
Liszt Godowsky jon-nyc Rachmaninoff Hamelin

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
I understand it is true, but it is still funny. It's one of those 'you asked...' things. It is actually one of my favorite features of the man.

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop
Nobody's Sock

one redeeming quality

One thing I can think of is that he is without question the best I have seen at doing the job of president.

This business of being occasionally impolite is interesting.

It has repeatedly effectively shutdown the opposition media.

cnn has been crippled for several days, able to report on only one word that the president allegedly said.

Has any other president ever this kind of complete control over such a large media outlet?

The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

Horace
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
He clearly is not in awe of the presidency. I suppose he thinks he was born for it. He's doing exactly what he wants to, every minute of every day. I don't find it scary but then fundamentally I suppose I'm part of his base. I can imagine if some liberal nut president had the same personality, I'd be incensed too.

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply