Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How ridiculous
Topic Started: Jan 11 2018, 08:46 PM (188 Views)
brenda
Member Avatar
I'm very sore tonight. I fell yesterday. When I was getting out of the passenger side of our Traverse, my purse strap on the floor of the vehicle got caught on my shoe. It made me lose my balance as I exited the vehicle, and I fell to the pavement on my right side. I hurt my right arm, shoulder, hip and knee. I'm paying the price for it tonight. Tylenol should help.

This is the dumbest thing ever. I can't believe I tripped from my own purse. My rear end is so sore. Walking hurts, and stairs are even worse. It's so ridiculous! :lol2:
“Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
~A.A. Milne
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rainman
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Sorry to hear about your accident, Brenda.
We sure have a number of forum members beat up.
Hoping everyone can get better and make it to Spring!

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Horace
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Let me rephrase: someone tried to separate your purse from you, but you managed to hold on. You suffered a fall in the altercation though.
As a good person, I implore you to do as I, a good person, do. Be good. Do NOT be bad. If you see bad, end bad. End it in yourself, and end it in others. By any means necessary, the good must conquer the bad. Good people know this. Do you know this? Are you good?

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
Ugh.

On the bright side, at least you know how it happened. Half the time I end up with some ache or pain I can’t even tell you what I did to myself and when.
Liszt Godowsky jon-nyc Rachmaninoff Hamelin

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
Ouchie!

Hopefully it'll be a short time until all bumps, etc. are all gone.

Remember when Klaus tripped over his purse? That was a hoot.

A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

I'd rather listen to an hour of Abba than an hour of The Beatles.
- Klaus, 4/29/18

Davis
Member Avatar
Senior Carp
I have a freak accident every now and then although there is always a concrete reason. Sometimes it takes a while to be peak sore. A friend chipped a front tooth tripping once which was worse than feeling ugly.

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
Ouch! In most falls the worst pain is knowing you did it. Not so in this one, apparently. Hope it subsides quickly.
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead - Lucille Ball

Aqua Letifer
Member Avatar
ZOOOOOM!
Ick. :( Hope you feel better soon, Brenda.
I cite irreconcilable differences.

brenda
Member Avatar
Horace
Jan 11 2018, 10:24 PM
Let me rephrase: someone tried to separate your purse from you, but you managed to hold on. You suffered a fall in the altercation though.
:lol2: Nice try. No, this was closer to a Benny Hill skit.
~A.A. Milne

brenda
Member Avatar
George K
Jan 12 2018, 04:08 AM
Ouchie!

Hopefully it'll be a short time until all bumps, etc. are all gone.

Remember when Klaus tripped over his purse? That was a hoot.

Klaus and his purse ...

Was it the pink flowery one, or the one covered in silver sequins?
~A.A. Milne

brenda
Member Avatar
Davis
Jan 12 2018, 04:41 AM
I have a freak accident every now and then although there is always a concrete reason. Sometimes it takes a while to be peak sore. A friend chipped a front tooth tripping once which was worse than feeling ugly.
Achhh, chipping a tooth would take all the humor out of the picture. That would be more than just a little inconvenience and Tylenol.
~A.A. Milne

brenda
Member Avatar
jon-nyc
Jan 12 2018, 01:41 AM
Ugh.

On the bright side, at least you know how it happened. Half the time I end up with some ache or pain I can’t even tell you what I did to myself and when.
True. Not only do I know how it happened, I know i tried to avoid it. I had just moved the strap of the purse away from my feet, or so I thought.

And it really was a funny fall, very slow motion as I tried to free my left foot and regain my balance. I had time to realize my foot was caught, try to shake loose, and then know that it was a lost cause and that I was going down.

The funniest fall was as a teen. I was with my dad in that case. Of course, it was winter, and I got out of the passenger side near a large snow bank. The snow was hard packed, pretty much like ice, and at an angle. The slope and slick surface gave me no traction, and put me on a quick trajectory to the ground.

Somehow I slid under the side of the car, almost up to my waist. It was hard to crawl out because of the slippery and sloped snow bank, so it took some time.

Meanwhile, my dad had walked up the driveway toward the house. When I finally got out and could stand up, he started asking me where I had gone, as if I had just gone for a stroll and finally returned.

The puzzled look on his face when I told him I'd been under the car ... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
~A.A. Milne

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop

It will make you stronger.
The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

brenda
Member Avatar
Copper
Jan 12 2018, 08:17 AM
It will make you stronger.
I like your optimism , Copper. :)
~A.A. Milne

Mark
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!

Ouch! I hope you feel better soon!
___.___
(_]===*
o 0
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. H.G. Wells

taiwan_girl
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Ouch!! That does sound painful. Glad that it was only a bruise and ache, rather than something more serious.

ivorythumper
Member Avatar
I am so adjective that I verb nouns!
Between you and Aqua... I'm scared to get out of bed.
The dogma lives loudly within me.

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
Be careful.

The last time my wife did a pratfall, we got to tip the anesthesiologist​.🤒
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

brenda
Member Avatar
ivorythumper
Jan 12 2018, 01:51 PM
Between you and Aqua... I'm scared to get out of bed.
:lol2:

Just watch out for those darn purses. ;)
~A.A. Milne

brenda
Member Avatar
Jolly
Jan 12 2018, 02:03 PM
Be careful.

The last time my wife did a pratfall, we got to tip the anesthesiologist​.🤒
Yikes! Ayup, I realize I'm lucky to be able to laugh about this. Another time it might not be funny at all.
~A.A. Milne

brenda
Member Avatar
Klaus still hasn't told us which purse ...
~A.A. Milne

Axtremus
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
It's the universe's way of giving your hubby more opportunity to pamper you, Brenda. Enjoy as you get well. :)

brenda
Member Avatar
Axtremus
Jan 12 2018, 11:44 PM
It's the universe's way of giving your hubby more opportunity to pamper you, Brenda. Enjoy as you get well. :)
Well, I'm still doing everything I always do, so nothing has really changed, except I'm slower.

Getting slower seems to be a general long run trend anyway, so I guess nothing has changed. :lol2:
~A.A. Milne

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply