Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
There are things you think, and there are things you say.; Sometimes, they should be separate
Topic Started: Jan 11 2018, 05:20 PM (972 Views)
Aqua Letifer
Member Avatar
ZOOOOOM!
George K
Jan 13 2018, 01:37 PM
**** yeah.
Okay, then I say let's throw all those low-energy losers out and let some of the others in. Guaranteed there'll be less talk about an orange-faced demi-god magically bringing coal back and more people actually going to work.
I cite irreconcilable differences.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
It's a lottery because we have too many people that want in, and not enough slots to put them in.

Considering that, perhaps one should support Trump's version of immigration reform, where we put a little more thought into who we let in and who we don't.
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Aqua Letifer
Member Avatar
ZOOOOOM!
George K
Jan 13 2018, 01:37 PM
Nice to know what you think of those folks.
If I’m being blunt and honest, I get points for that, right? Or is it only when prejudices are agreed upon that that’s true?

John Galt
Fulla-Carp
As a ****ing stupid libtard, I really appreciate knowing what people think about me. Extra points for the directness and lack of PC...

:thumb:

Let us begin anew, remembering on both sides that civility is not a sign of weakness.

Horace
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
John Galt
Jan 13 2018, 01:57 PM
As a ****ing stupid libtard, I really appreciate knowing what people think about me. Extra points for the directness and lack of PC...

what people think about you?

Well, let's be honest.

You've never actually said who you are.
As a good person, I implore you to do as I, a good person, do. Be good. Do NOT be bad. If you see bad, end bad. End it in yourself, and end it in others. By any means necessary, the good must conquer the bad. Good people know this. Do you know this? Are you good?

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop
Aqua Letifer
Jan 13 2018, 01:19 PM
Hey, I'm just calling it like it is, right? Keepin' it real?

Bull.

Marry him.

If you really cared you would marry him and keep him here.

The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

John Galt
Fulla-Carp
Horace
Jan 13 2018, 02:15 PM
John Galt
Jan 13 2018, 01:57 PM

what people think about you?

Well, let's be honest.

You've never actually said who you are.
:smooch:
Let us begin anew, remembering on both sides that civility is not a sign of weakness.

xenon
Member Avatar
Senior Carp
Here’s a post I recently came across of a West Point graduation ceremony. Kid is a Haitian immigrant. Now I know this is one kid - but you shouldn’t throw a whole country under the bus, because any country can produce someone like this. Sure have a high bar, some countries will have fewer people qualifying than others, but don’t write a whole country off:

Posted Image

Idrache was a leader in his class of 950 cadets and was named a regimental commander. Idrache said that he grew up in Port-au-Prince watching U.S. troops perform humanitarian missions in his native Haiti. He became West Point’s top graduate in physics, earning the school’s Brigadier General Gerald A. Counts Memorial Award.

"I am from Haiti and never did I imagine that such honor would be one day bestowed on me. Men and women who have preserved the very essence of the human condition stood in that position and took the same oath. Men who preserved the Union in a dark period of this country’s history. Men who scaled the face of adversity and liberated Europe from fascism …Women like CPT Griest, LT Haver, MAJ Jaster who rewrote the narrative and challenged the status quo to prove themselves worthy of being called Rangers.”

“Knowing that one day I will be a pilot is humbling beyond words, I could not help but be flooded with emotions knowing that I will be leading these men and women who are willing to give their all to preserve what we value as the American way of life. To me, that is the greatest honor. Once again, thank you."

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Aqua Letifer
Jan 13 2018, 01:19 PM
Mikhailoh
Jan 13 2018, 10:59 AM
We're not North Korea, Aqua.

And where is it written that we have to more flexible than we already are? That sort of flexibility is a huge problem in Sweden, Germany and France. All these have tried to solve the aging population problem through immigration and it is failing miserably. Should we commit cultural suicide too?
I'm not talking about policy, I'm talking about being left behind. Forget about immigration from suspect countries or just letting people cross the border and become citizens, I'm not talking about that. I'm saying that the world's changing, and countries are necessarily going to have to be more flexible with their borders in the future if they don't want to be left behind.

A friend of mine's going back to China Monday; he can't stay here anymore. He got his Master's here, he works for Verizon and they'd cut someone's arm off if it meant they could keep him working here. But he didn't win the lottery system—it's a ****ing lottery system—so we're losing an extremely bright guy who does more for our economy, society and tax coffers than any eight dumb****, lazy, red-hat-wearing rednecks who live in the most worthless corners of our nation's ****hole flyover territories. Hey, I'm just calling it like it is, right? Keepin' it real?
So you have a friend who has to go back home, and because of that you think our immigration policy should be the way you think it should be...... alrighty then!! How about the mother whose son gets killed by a Chinese gang member... there are 11 different Chinese gangs operating in the US, you know.. when she says we should stop allowing Chinese people into the US, whose views to we pay attention to, your view or her view?

We've seen what following your logic does already. And as Mik says, it has been an unmitigated disaster. Maybe we should follow the immigration policies of that shining star of liberalism called Canada.... oh wait.... Canada bans immigration from certain countries also, for the same exact reasons Trump wants them banned. But it's ok I guess, since there aren't any "dumbsh!t, lazy, red hat wearing rednecks" living there, huh...

This country will be shaped in the future by the kind of people we let into it today. Sure, out of tens of thousands of people from a given country, there will be a few who end up proudly American, supporting and defending the American way of life, our culture, our society, etc. But common sense ought to tell you that when you bring in tens of thousands of uneducated and illiterate throwbacks who go from living in grass huts to living in welfare housing, the damage they will do far outweighs any good the few that manage to assimilate and succeed in our society.

Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJdumFFPLqA
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop
xenon
Jan 13 2018, 05:18 PM

don’t write a whole country off:

Did someone write a whole country off?

The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

Kincaid
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Not Trump.
Kincaid - disgusted Republican Partisan since 2006.

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
Posted Image
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead - Lucille Ball

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
Did you notice that none of those celebrities (Barbra Streisand, Chelsea Handler, Lena Dunham, Jim Carrey) who were going to leave the US if Trump got elected said they're moving to Haiti?

Why is that?
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

I'd rather listen to an hour of Abba than an hour of The Beatles.
- Klaus, 4/29/18

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
George K
Jan 14 2018, 06:03 AM
Did you notice that none of those celebrities (Barbra Streisand, Chelsea Handler, Lena Dunham, Jim Carrey) who were going to leave the US if Trump got elected said they're moving to Haiti?

Why is that?
Making plans to move to Zimbabwe?
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Aqua Letifer
Member Avatar
ZOOOOOM!
Jolly
Jan 14 2018, 06:18 AM
George K
Jan 14 2018, 06:03 AM

Why is that?
Making plans to move to Zimbabwe?
My uncle's from there. You can find his albums in the international section of most music stores. He also spesaks four languages.

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop
Aqua Letifer
Jan 14 2018, 08:09 AM
He also spesaks four languages.

The country has 16 official languages.

He better start studying.

taiwan_girl
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
There are bad people in every ethnic group - black, white, Asian, Spanish, etc etc etc.

But, a high high percentage of people from each ethnic group are good.

From a statistic view, white people commit more than 2x the number of murders (based on a percent of ethnic population) than Asians. Should all white people be deported??? If they cannot be deported, maybe there should be laws that limit their access to weapons. Only Asian people should have weapons until whites can decrease the amount of murders they do.

See how silly the arguments get when you try and single out a specific group or ethnic group of people?

I agree that there should be some screening process, but again, the US was (and continues to be) built on immigration.

I would bet (and I usually don't bet!! LOL) that 95+ % of the people on this forum board are the ancestor of an immigrant from the last 100-(or maybe 150) years ago. And I would further bet that many of those immigrants were not doctors, lawyers, etc. They were laborer, housekeeper, etc.

The idea that a country only allows people into the country if they are just like them is a long term solution for decline of that country.

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: