Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
There are things you think, and there are things you say.; Sometimes, they should be separate
Topic Started: Jan 11 2018, 05:20 PM (986 Views)
George K
Member Avatar
Finally
Those countries....
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

"There are 57 different genders, but politics is binary."
- David Burge, 7/29/18
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
Well..in point of fact....

In Boston, my personal driver Francoise was Haitian. He described it the same way.
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there's a gun around, I want to be controlling it." Clint Eastwood, Pink Cadillac

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
I have no doubt that Trump and Francoise were right. But, sometimes a filter is required to maintain some degree of credibility in other matters.
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

"There are 57 different genders, but politics is binary."
- David Burge, 7/29/18

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
Agreed.
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there's a gun around, I want to be controlling it." Clint Eastwood, Pink Cadillac

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
I understand it.. I'm the same way - I don't have time for being politically correct and worrying about how someone might take what I say when it comes to doing business. I get straight to the point, and say what needs saying.

Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

xenon
Member Avatar
Senior Carp
Larry
Jan 11 2018, 06:26 PM
I understand it.. I'm the same way - I don't have time for being politically correct and worrying about how someone might take what I say when it comes to doing business. I get straight to the point, and say what needs saying.

No... you? :)

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
I know it's hard to believe, but....
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop

The language is impolite, that is unfortunate.

The question is of course at the heart of any immigration policy.

The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

taiwan_girl
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
One problem with this (and I am pretty strong against illegal immigration) is that how do you decide which countries are good and which are not? Who decides?

What makes a country good vs bad?

maybe 50-60 years ago, people would say immigrant from Taiwan is bad. Now, maybe (I hope) they would say they are good.

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop

The thing is there are limits.

Reasonable people can discuss what they are, but they do exist.

We can take rich and poor, weak and strong, but there has to be a reasonable plan and is has to be enforced.
The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
taiwan_girl
Jan 11 2018, 07:17 PM
One problem with this (and I am pretty strong against illegal immigration) is that how do you decide which countries are good and which are not? Who decides?

What makes a country good vs bad?

maybe 50-60 years ago, people would say immigrant from Taiwan is bad. Now, maybe (I hope) they would say they are good.
The thing about immigration is that those a country allows to immigrate should be from countries that have some cultural things in common. I don't know what Thailand was like 50 years ago, but today Thailand, while different in culture, has quite a lot in common with American culture. Thai people are fully capable of assimilating into american society and still maintaining their own culture. Likewise, 50 or 60 years ago Americans probably wouldn't have been able to assimilate into Thai society, but today they likely could.

Well... everyone except people from Michigan....

but people from Somalia for instance, have absolutely nothing in common with American culture or society. The difference is night and day, and most Somalians have no desire to assimilate. So they should not be allowed into the country.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Mark
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
Jan 11 2018, 08:11 PM
Thai people are fully capable of assimilating into american society and still maintaining their own culture. Likewise, 50 or 60 years ago Americans probably wouldn't have been able to assimilate into Thai society, but today they likely could.

Well... everyone except people from Michigan....
I'm tellin' Dan you said that! :tongue: :lol2:
___.___
(_]===*
o 0
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. H.G. Wells

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
hahahahahaha
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
Whatchoo got against Michiganders, redskin? :sword:

Aqua Letifer
Member Avatar
ZOOOOOM!
George K
Jan 11 2018, 05:20 PM
Shithole president.
I cite irreconcilable differences.

Davis
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Slightly off topic but the differences between Haiti and the Dominican Republic are stunning. One island.

Klaus
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Quote:

There are things you think, and there are things you say.; Sometimes, they should be separate

Maybe I'm a bit old-fashioned but I have honestly never even thought of any country of being a sh!thole.
Trifonov Fleisher Klaus Sokolov Zimmerman

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
Davis
Jan 12 2018, 05:23 AM
Slightly off topic but the differences between Haiti and the Dominican Republic are stunning. One island.
Windward and leeward.

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Mikhailoh
Jan 12 2018, 04:45 AM
Whatchoo got against Michiganders, redskin? :sword:
hahahahahaha

I wasn't thinking of you when I wrote that. I was thinking about the ones that move here when they retire.. when we see an old man about 5' 6" tall and 250 pounds, wearing a plaid shirt, striped shorts, snow white little knobby legs, black socks and brown shoes, with sunglasses on, with an old woman who is taller than he is, wearing a floral moomoo, both with voices that would crack ice.. we say.... "yep.. they're from Michigan"...

hahahahahaha
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

bachophile
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Davis
Jan 12 2018, 05:23 AM
NOrth vs South Korea

One peninsula
"I don't know much about classical music. For years I thought the Goldberg Variations were something Mr. and Mrs. Goldberg did on their wedding night." Woody Allen

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
I think we can all agree on what kind of hole DPRK is.

Aqua Letifer
Member Avatar
ZOOOOOM!
It's okay everyone, he actually never said that.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-appears-deny-****hole-slur-defends-tough-immigration-stance-n837056

How is this guy not a liar again?

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
Did you hear him say it? Nope. Any video? Nope. Not yet anyway.

LBJ said things just as bad on a regular basis. But back then we weren't a nation of pussies with chips on our shoulders.

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop

cnn has has the word Mr. Trump was alleged to have said on the screen non-stop since he allegedly said it.

In the rare case where they aren't talking about it you can still read the word at the bottom of the screen.

I think there is a chance that this fake news will cause people to think this guy is a liar.

Sad.

Aqua Letifer
Member Avatar
ZOOOOOM!
Mikhailoh
Jan 12 2018, 12:13 PM
Did you hear him say it? Nope. Any video? Nope. Not yet anyway.

LBJ said things just as bad on a regular basis. But back then we weren't a nation of pussies with chips on our shoulders.
Sounds like you're saying, "he didn't say that. But if he did, it's because he isn't a pussy."

Yes I'm sure the whole world is just making this up. His approval rating's at what, now? 36 percent or some ****? His disapproval's at more than half and has been for about a year now?

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: