Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Costco returns
Topic Started: Jan 11 2018, 03:26 PM (76 Views)
George K
Member Avatar
Finally
Buy a Christmas tree at Costco, and return it in January because it's dead.

:lol2:

Quote:

A crazy shopper returned her Christmas tree to Costco this January for a refund — because it was “dead.”

Bizarrely, the woman apparently managed to get her money back in full despite taking the battered fir back a full 10 days after Dec. 25.

She was snapped at the checkout of the store in Santa Clara, Calif., by unimpressed shopper Scott Bentley, who was stuck in a line behind her.

He shared the photo on Facebook, writing: “I can’t make this stuff up.

“Woman in line at Costco, totally nonchalant, to return her Christmas tree ‘because it is dead’ on January 4.

“If I didn’t see it, I wouldn’t believe that someone had so little moral values or lack of conscience.

“Heartbreaking to think she may have needed that money so much, she lost all self respect and dignity for it.

“She did get a refund – not happily though. It was questioned, verified purchase on her account and she was shamed to a small degree… But I don’t think it fazed her because she has no conscience.
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

I'd rather listen to an hour of Abba than an hour of The Beatles.
- Klaus, 4/29/18
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Luke's Dad
Member Avatar
Emperor Pengin
George K
Jan 11 2018, 03:26 PM
Buy a Christmas tree at Costco, and return it in January because it's dead.

:lol2:

Quote:

A crazy shopper returned her Christmas tree to Costco this January for a refund — because it was “dead.”

Bizarrely, the woman apparently managed to get her money back in full despite taking the battered fir back a full 10 days after Dec. 25.

She was snapped at the checkout of the store in Santa Clara, Calif., by unimpressed shopper Scott Bentley, who was stuck in a line behind her.

He shared the photo on Facebook, writing: “I can’t make this stuff up.

“Woman in line at Costco, totally nonchalant, to return her Christmas tree ‘because it is dead’ on January 4.

“If I didn’t see it, I wouldn’t believe that someone had so little moral values or lack of conscience.

“Heartbreaking to think she may have needed that money so much, she lost all self respect and dignity for it.

“She did get a refund – not happily though. It was questioned, verified purchase on her account and she was shamed to a small degree… But I don’t think it fazed her because she has no conscience.
Costco will keep track of your returns, and if they feel that you are abusing the policy, they will put a do not renew notice on your membership. So if she's had other excessive returns in the past, when her membership expires she will likely find herself unable to renew it.
The problem with having an open mind is that people keep trying to put things in it.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
On one thread or another the other day we were talking about people having no sense of shame.
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead - Lucille Ball
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Davis
Member Avatar
Senior Carp
It’s all built into the prices we pay. Doesn’t hurt Costco one bit, except that they have to charge a little more.

Luke's Dad
Member Avatar
Emperor Pengin
Davis
Jan 11 2018, 04:15 PM
It’s all built into the prices we pay. Doesn’t hurt Costco one bit, except that they have to charge a little more.
I know that your company deals with Amazon, are you also a vendor for Costco? It would be interesting to compare notes.

My experience with Costco has been that the vendor or manufacturer eats the return entirely.
The problem with having an open mind is that people keep trying to put things in it.

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply