Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
What relatively modern music will stand the test of time?
Topic Started: Jan 3 2018, 11:24 AM (304 Views)
Jolly
Member Avatar
The Truth is out there.
The wife and I were talking just the other day about the sameness in modern mainstream music. In years past, you had a good many unique and easily recognizable voices.

Now, most of them just sound alike.
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
By the way.. I was just playing off of Horace's post. There *are* session men playing on the album, but I'm not one of them.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jolly
Member Avatar
The Truth is out there.
And another thing...

In years past, it seemed like more people at least had a smattering of music...piano lessons, some time spent in a school band or singing in a church or school choir. That way, maybe at least you could appreciate pure talent.

Now, fewer people know anything about music, and what music there is, is heavily produced and done with computer help. I don't think people appreciate what goes in to creating a tight live performance.
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mark
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Picked this up on 180gram Vinyl today...

Posted Image

Just finished side 1. Played on my "vintage", Realistic, LAB-2200 Linear Tracking Turntable, that is exactly like this one:
Posted Image

15 Year old Sony 5.1 Stereo Receiver to 2, also 15 year old, NHT Tower speakers with built in subs.

Such a warm sound. I think I could stand to use a dedicated sub woofer but it sounds pretty damn good.
___.___
(_]===*
o 0
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. H.G. Wells
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: