Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
First, you carefully select your nail.; Then you choose your hammer.
Topic Started: Oct 12 2017, 10:26 AM (115 Views)
Jolly
Member Avatar
Veni, vidi, vici
Pay attention, grasshopper...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-10/home-depot-panicked-over-millennials-forced-host-tutorials-using-tape-measures-hamme
ďAn armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.Ē - Heinlein
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

xenon
Member Avatar
Junior Carp
Millennial criticism from presumably older generation authors always seems a bit odd to me.

Key driver for a child's development is parents - so I guess these are all about how bad boomers are as parents?

And isn't this just the flip side of old people being bad at technology?

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
The Bengals have answered the questions
Business opportunity for those who do know how. It all equals out.
"Itís difficult to win many games when we donít score touchdowns" - Marvin Lewis after the loss to the Texans Sept 14, 2017

xenon
Member Avatar
Junior Carp
I completely agree. More nerds = better paid tradespeople

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Anyone so f*cking stupid they can't figure out how to drive a nail by just looking at it doesn't deserve to live.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jolly
Member Avatar
Veni, vidi, vici
Larry
Oct 12 2017, 10:59 AM
Anyone so f*cking stupid they can't figure out how to drive a nail by just looking at it doesn't deserve to live.
First, one must figure out which end to hit....
ďAn armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.Ē - Heinlein

Jolly
Member Avatar
Veni, vidi, vici
Had a buddy of mine who could really swing a hammer...One good tap to start, one more swing to hammer it in. That's pretty good with a roofing tack. He was doing that with ten penny nails.

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
Yeah, I have known a couple guys like that. I get OK if I am doing a large framing project like a basement, but too long between efforts to maintain the skill.
"Itís difficult to win many games when we donít score touchdowns" - Marvin Lewis after the loss to the Texans Sept 14, 2017

Jolly
Member Avatar
Veni, vidi, vici
Posted Image

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
I have considered it.

Jolly
Member Avatar
Veni, vidi, vici
Mikhailoh
Oct 12 2017, 03:43 PM
I have considered it.
I have a cheap HF one. Not good for engineered lumber, but worth its weight in gold. My smaller stuff - the 15 gauge finish nailer and Brad nailer are oil less Bostitch.

Just make sure your framer shoots a full head and not a clipped head nail.

Do one decent job and you'll wonder how you ever did without one.

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply