Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Boiling rivers of wine
Topic Started: Oct 11 2017, 05:29 PM (176 Views)
Jolly
Member Avatar
The Truth is out there.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4969206/Californians-return-destruction-wildfires-kill-21.html
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Horace
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Would that artisan pot had taken over the napa valley rather than vineyards.
As a good person, I implore you to do as I, a good person, do. Be good. Do NOT be bad. If you see bad, end bad. End it in yourself, and end it in others. By any means necessary, the good must conquer the bad. Good people know this. Do you know this? Are you good?

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
Breaks my heart. One of my closest friends lives in Napa. Been keeping in touch with him.
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead - Lucille Ball
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ivorythumper
Member Avatar
I am so adjective that I verb nouns!
I have two projects in Napa, and many friends -- everything I hear is that it is chaos and destruction, many thousands are now refugees.

Horace -- you're up near Vallejo, aren't you? I know folks even down in South Bay with asthma problems being affected by the smoke. Ugh.
The dogma lives loudly within me.

Horace
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Yeah we've been smelling it for the past few days now. Visibility on the roads was down substantially yesterday and a little today.

At work they're handing out smoke masks.
As a good person, I implore you to do as I, a good person, do. Be good. Do NOT be bad. If you see bad, end bad. End it in yourself, and end it in others. By any means necessary, the good must conquer the bad. Good people know this. Do you know this? Are you good?

Rainman
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
I lived in Rohnert Park, just south of Santa Rosa.
Some areas were evacuated, but fire did not reach the development.
Sonoma State Univ. (taught there as an adjunct in the 90's) is closed until the 16th. Students are encouraged to leave now, and were informed that if an evacuation is ordered they will not be allowed to use their cars, everyone will be transported by supplied buses.

The day we moved into our house in Rohnert Park, I remember looking at the hillside several miles away, where planes were dropping that red retardant on a fire. The hills in that beautiful area are steep, lots of tall grasses, trees, and yes, lots of vineyards.

And those vineyards were luxurious, shame to see such destruction.

Horace
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Horace
Oct 11 2017, 05:33 PM
Would that artisan pot had taken over the napa valley rather than vineyards.
Spoke too soon.

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
Rainman
Oct 11 2017, 10:38 PM
I lived in Rohnert Park, just south of Santa Rosa.
Some areas were evacuated, but fire did not reach the development.
Sonoma State Univ. (taught there as an adjunct in the 90's) is closed until the 16th. Students are encouraged to leave now, and were informed that if an evacuation is ordered they will not be allowed to use their cars, everyone will be transported by supplied buses.

The day we moved into our house in Rohnert Park, I remember looking at the hillside several miles away, where planes were dropping that red retardant on a fire. The hills in that beautiful area are steep, lots of tall grasses, trees, and yes, lots of vineyards.

And those vineyards were luxurious, shame to see such destruction.
Next time I am out in Napa - next year or so - you, me and Horace will have to get together.
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead - Lucille Ball

Horace
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Sounds fun! Not sure Rainman is still in this area though.

bachophile
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/mets-legend-tom-seaver-flees-beloved-napa-home-winery-article-1.3558234

i worshipped seaver as a kid...i watched so many seaver pitched met games
"I don't know much about classical music. For years I thought the Goldberg Variations were something Mr. and Mrs. Goldberg did on their wedding night." Woody Allen

Jolly
Member Avatar
The Truth is out there.
Even if these guys have insurance, this will take years to recover from. I wonder how many won't even try?
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
Yep. Total replanting, plus the bureaucratic difficulty of building ANYTHING in that area.

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply