Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Library?
Topic Started: Oct 11 2017, 04:42 PM (148 Views)
Jolly
Member Avatar
The Truth is out there.
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2017/10/09/obamas-presidential-library-wont-actually-have-library-materials-n2392746
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop
Quote:

“This is going to be completely different,” said Foundation CEO David Simas, reports The Chicago Tribune. “What the president and first lady said … is they simply did not want a museum that served as a mausoleum, as a way to look back.”

Artist's concept

Posted Image
Posted Image

The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
Not a good development.

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
I can see both sides of this, but my greatest concern is in what exactly will be available digitally. And what will not. I also don't like that the documents themselves will be physically unavailable.
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead - Lucille Ball

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop

Where is the physical birth certificate?

The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

Jolly
Member Avatar
The Truth is out there.
Copper
Oct 12 2017, 06:40 AM
Where is the physical birth certificate?

Dude, no paper.
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Klaus
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Physical libraries with a collection that is also available online serve no purpose anymore. That money can be spent more effectively for other purposes.

The actual physical things can still be stored in some archive, but for 99% of all people interested in this, the digital format is sufficient.

We have the same discussion with research libraries at universities. The truth is that basically nobody goes there anymore. I go there maybe once every 2-3 years to make a copy of some old paper that isn't available online, but it wouldn't be a big loss if it would be gone completely.
Edited by Klaus, Oct 12 2017, 07:14 AM.
Attempto!

Jolly
Member Avatar
The Truth is out there.
Klaus
Oct 12 2017, 07:12 AM
Physical libraries with a collection that is also available online serve no purpose anymore. That money can be spent more effectively for other purposes.

The actual physical things can still be stored in some archive, but for 99% of all people interested in this, the digital format is sufficient.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

He said "spent more effectively". :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Klaus
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Funny how? I mean, funny like I'm a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to ****in' amuse you? How da **** am I funny? What da **** is so funny about me? Tell me. Tell me what's funny.
Attempto!

Jolly
Member Avatar
The Truth is out there.
Klaus
Oct 12 2017, 07:15 AM
Funny how? I mean, funny like I'm a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to ****in' amuse you? How da **** am I funny? What da **** is so funny about me? Tell me. Tell me what's funny.
Amuse me? Of course! :tongue:

The Presidential Library is nothing more than a modern day pyramid, built for the edification of whatever President is building it. They are all a colossal waste of money. :rolleyes2:

Klaus
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
I have no idea how much presidential libraries were used in the past - maybe they did serve some scholarly purpose and were used by historians etc.? But that time is over, and not just for presidential libraries but for most of written human knowledge.
Attempto!

Jolly
Member Avatar
The Truth is out there.
Klaus
Oct 12 2017, 07:29 AM
I have no idea how much presidential libraries were used in the past - maybe they did serve some scholarly purpose and were used by historians etc.? But that time is over, and not just for presidential libraries but for most of written human knowledge.
FDR started the PL, but the building stuff has taken on a life of its own. Even in today's digital world, one often sees tidbit emerge from a President's papers...

xenon
Member Avatar
Middle Aged Carp
I've only ever visited one for a wedding (Nixon)

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop
Klaus

Same as pianos.

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
Jolly
Oct 12 2017, 07:20 AM
Klaus
Oct 12 2017, 07:15 AM
Amuse me? Of course! :tongue:

The Presidential Library is nothing more than a modern day pyramid, built for the edification of whatever President is building it. They are all a colossal waste of money. :rolleyes2:
We have a National Archive.
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead - Lucille Ball

Klaus
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Copper
Oct 12 2017, 08:05 AM
Klaus

Same as pianos.

:veryangry:
Attempto!

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply