Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tonight's Dinner: Bundt Pan Roast Chicken
Topic Started: Sep 13 2017, 05:53 PM (53 Views)
George K
Member Avatar
Finally
Bundt Pan Roast Chicken
Quote:

Ingredients

3 cloves garlic
2 carrots, chopped
1 onion, quartered
1/2 lb. yukon gold potatoes, quartered
extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 large bunch fresh thyme
1 large bunch fresh rosemary
1 3-4 lb. chicken, gizzards removed
1 lemon, sliced

Directions

Preheat oven to 425° and cover the hole of the Bundt pan with foil.

In the bowl of a large Bundt pan, combine garlic, carrots, onion, and potatoes. Toss with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Scatter sprigs of fresh thyme and rosemary on top of the vegetables.

Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Season the inside of the cavity generously with salt and pepper, then stuff it with the lemon halves, a few sprigs of thyme, and a few sprigs of rosemary. Rub olive oil all over the skin of the chicken, then season generously with salt and pepper.

Place the chicken in the middle of the Bundt pan, breast side up. Bake until the chicken is cooked through and skin is golden, 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes. Let chicken rest for at least 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with roasted vegetables and extra pan juices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ddU96m2u_c

My efforts:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thoughts:

1) I used red spuds, 'cos that's what I had. I also didn't have any fresh thyme, so sue me.

2) Even after an hour and a half, the skin wasn't as browned as I would have liked. It looks more browned in the 2nd picture than it really was. I stuck it under the broiler to crisp it up a bit.

3) The chicken was remarkably juicy and tender, and not underdone. Quite the surprise.

4) For all the effort involved, as well as the price, I would have probably been better off just getting a "rotisserie chicken" for $6 and made some ad-hoc veggies on the side.

A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

“IThe Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it.” - PJ O'Rourke
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
The Bengals have answered the questions
Looks great, although it does prompt a couple obvious jokes...
"It’s difficult to win many games when we don’t score touchdowns" - Marvin Lewis after the loss to the Texans Sept 14, 2017

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
It looks like Fat Ass Frieda sitting on the shitter.....
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
It's basically a variation on "beer-can" chicken for those that don't have a grill.
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

“IThe Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it.” - PJ O'Rourke

Catseye3
Member Avatar
Senior Carp
George K
Sep 13 2017, 06:10 PM
It's basically a variation on "beer-can" chicken for those that don't have a grill.
Oh boy, now you've done it. IIRC, Luke's Dad has strong opinions about beer can chicken. :(blue:(
“The world wants to be deceived, so let it be deceived.” - Petronius, maybe.

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
The Bengals have answered the questions
All my grilling/smoking forum buddies say beercan is a waste, that you should just spatchcock them and cook them flat.
"It’s difficult to win many games when we don’t score touchdowns" - Marvin Lewis after the loss to the Texans Sept 14, 2017

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply