Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Taking The Red Pill
Topic Started: Sep 13 2017, 11:55 AM (108 Views)
Jolly
Member Avatar
Veni, vidi, vici
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/09/13/liberals-sick-alt-left-are-taking-red-pill.html
“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” - Heinlein
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Catseye3
Member Avatar
Senior Carp
In his commentary, "The left is no longer liberal", [Dave Rubin] explained his own disillusionment with the "regressive left," whose "backward ideology" of identity politics puts the collective ahead of the individual. It loves all of its minority groups to behave as a monolith.

"So if you're a true individual -- meaning you don't subscribe to the ideas that the groupthink has attributed to you based on those immutable characteristics -- you must be cast out." Rubin calls this mindset "the biggest threat to freedom and Western civilization that exists today."

Thanks, Jolly.

While I think Western civilization has legs to stand on yet awhile, still I love to see this trend, if it can be called a trend. Ripple, shift, whatever it may be.
“The world wants to be deceived, so let it be deceived.” - Petronius, maybe.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rainman
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Quote:

A later episode about Black Lives Matter got nearly 700,000 views and had the distinction of being briefly taken down by YouTube. Unapologetic, Owens responded with a follow-up commentary — “What YouTube and Facebook REALLY Think of Black People.”

This is all Trump's fault. This would all never have happened, except for that orange haired orangutan that the Russians elected.

If "we the people" can start yelling at each other, or talking, discussing, reasoning, thinking, things will be OK. If we continue with the "We won't even let you speak, you fascist Nazi deplorable piece of sh!t!" then we are done, toast, finito.

I don't know how it works, but there are lots of videos from established YouTube content producers that complain how YouTube has recently demonetized their accounts depriving them of income previously received, how YouTube and Google have adjusted their algorithm to skew search results.

There are others that point out that a benign video made in the U.S. is censored by governments e.g., Germany, and the German people don't even realize it. (Styxhexenhammer666 says his videos are not seen in two countries according to his site stats, somewhere in Africa, and Germany). Would be interesting for Klaus to check whether this is true or not, or whether the "censorship" is in the search algorithm as opposed to blocking a link).

I guess I need to watch that "Matrix" movie. Never seen it.

Jolly
Member Avatar
Veni, vidi, vici
Rainman
Sep 13 2017, 03:58 PM
Quote:

A later episode about Black Lives Matter got nearly 700,000 views and had the distinction of being briefly taken down by YouTube. Unapologetic, Owens responded with a follow-up commentary — “What YouTube and Facebook REALLY Think of Black People.”

This is all Trump's fault. This would all never have happened, except for that orange haired orangutan that the Russians elected.

If "we the people" can start yelling at each other, or talking, discussing, reasoning, thinking, things will be OK. If we continue with the "We won't even let you speak, you fascist Nazi deplorable piece of sh!t!" then we are done, toast, finito.

I don't know how it works, but there are lots of videos from established YouTube content producers that complain how YouTube has recently demonetized their accounts depriving them of income previously received, how YouTube and Google have adjusted their algorithm to skew search results.

There are others that point out that a benign video made in the U.S. is censored by governments e.g., Germany, and the German people don't even realize it. (Styxhexenhammer666 says his videos are not seen in two countries according to his site stats, somewhere in Africa, and Germany). Would be interesting for Klaus to check whether this is true or not, or whether the "censorship" is in the search algorithm as opposed to blocking a link).

Classic SF. The first film is the best of the trilogy.
“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” - Heinlein

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop
Rainman
Sep 13 2017, 03:58 PM

The sequels are pretty bad.

But the first one reveals how the world really works.

The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

Horace
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Catseye3
Sep 13 2017, 01:02 PM
In his commentary, "The left is no longer liberal", [Dave Rubin] explained his own disillusionment with the "regressive left," whose "backward ideology" of identity politics puts the collective ahead of the individual. It loves all of its minority groups to behave as a monolith.

"So if you're a true individual -- meaning you don't subscribe to the ideas that the groupthink has attributed to you based on those immutable characteristics -- you must be cast out." Rubin calls this mindset "the biggest threat to freedom and Western civilization that exists today."

Thanks, Jolly.

While I think Western civilization has legs to stand on yet awhile, still I love to see this trend, if it can be called a trend. Ripple, shift, whatever it may be.
If identity politics is a fundamentally broken and anti-social idea - and I believe that it is - just consider for a moment the ramifications. That pillar of the worldview and righteous identity of progressives is just wrong and destructive and they're just dumb, and, in practice, evil, for embracing it. This applies to 10s of millions of Americans - people who are convinced of nothing in this world so much as their own moral and intellectual superiority.

It's not that they don't genuinely want to be morally superior. It's that they don't know how to be. And none of their friends do, either.
As a good person, I implore you to do as I, a good person, do. Be good. Do NOT be bad. If you see bad, end bad. End it in yourself, and end it in others. By any means necessary, the good must conquer the bad. Good people know this. Do you know this? Are you good?

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop
Horace
Sep 14 2017, 04:29 AM

It's not that they don't genuinely want to be morally superior. It's that they don't know how to be.

By acts of kindness.

For example, by explaining how moral superiority really works.

The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply