Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Wieners Circle
Topic Started: Aug 12 2017, 05:01 AM (65 Views)
George K
Member Avatar
Finally
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wieners_Circle

Quote:

The Wieners Circle is a hot dog stand on Clark street in the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago, Illinois, United States. It is known for its Maxwell Street Polish, Char-dogs, hamburgers, cheese fries, and the mutual verbal abuse between the employees and the customers during the late-weekend hours.
The Weiners Circle opened for business in 1983. Sometime in the early 1990s (circa 1992) Larry Gold, one of the proprietors, called a drunk and distracted customer an "asshole" in order to get his attention. This set off the late-night abuse culture of the restaurant. The atmosphere can range from playful to hostile. The language used by both the staff and customers during these hours is notoriously foul and aggressive. On the weekends, the establishment stays open as late as 5:00 am, drawing many drunken customers who have arrived from bars and clubs.

The nightly tips are very high, and people have worked there for ten years or more.

NSFW (language)

"Queen LaQueefa"
"You kiss your pimp with that mouth?"
"You know why you work for tips? Because no one will stick the whole thing in."
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to fully satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics." Thomas Sowell
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Catlady
Junior Carp
Is this the "special" place you take Mrs. George?
You know, for Valentines Day, or anniversaries???
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
We win ugly, but it beats losing.
I cannot say I would enjoy that. But I bet the hot dogs are good.
I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed psychiatrist is our "friend." --Jack Handey

Renauda
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Catlady
Aug 12 2017, 06:51 AM
Is this the "special" place you take Mrs. George?
You know, for Valentines Day, or anniversaries???
And that's when the fight started. :whome:

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply