Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A Sea of Historical Fraud
Topic Started: Jul 15 2017, 03:54 AM (137 Views)
Jolly
Member Avatar
Veni, vidi, vici
https://fredoneverything.org/fun-with-slavery-dark-spots-in-a-shining-sea-of-twaddle/
ďAn armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.Ē - Heinlein
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
The Bengals have answered the questions
Good piece and much that folks should consider.
"Itís difficult to win many games when we donít score touchdowns" - Marvin Lewis after the loss to the Texans Sept 14, 2017

Catseye3
Member Avatar
Senior Carp
I like Fred. He comes down a little hard sometimes, but he has clear vision.
ďThe world wants to be deceived, so let it be deceived.Ē - Petronius, maybe.

Jolly
Member Avatar
Veni, vidi, vici
I thought it was a good piece. We are doing a very bad job of teaching history, leaving people without the knowledge to keep repeating mistakes or re-enforcing mistakes already made.
ďAn armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.Ē - Heinlein

Rainman
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
I guess I didn't catch on to what the point was.

Is there still slavery anywhere in the world?

I recall there just might be.

So, which is more important: to debate the historical accuracy of what no longer exists, or to bring to the fore something that could be revealed and vehemently condemned, assuming anyone really cared on where slavery currently exists?

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
The Bengals have answered the questions
There is still slavery in America, much less the world. Its just not codified.
"Itís difficult to win many games when we donít score touchdowns" - Marvin Lewis after the loss to the Texans Sept 14, 2017

Rainman
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
A Wiki search, so accuracy may be suspect. Looks like this evil "industry" still thrives:

The United Nations estimates that roughly 27 to 30 million individuals are currently caught in the slave trade industry.[8] India has the most slaves of any country, at roughly 18.4 million.[9] China is second with 3.4 million slaves, followed by Pakistan (2.1 million), Bangladesh (1.5 million), and Uzbekistan (1.2 million). By percentages of the population living in slavery Uzbekistan tops with 4% of its population living under slavery followed by Cambodia (1.6%), India, (1.4%) and Qatar (1.4%).[7]

Mauritania was the last nation to officially abolish slavery, doing so in 2007; yet 4.3% of the population still remains enslaved.needs update[10] Despite being illegal in every nation, slavery is still present in several forms today.

Slavery also exists in advanced democratic nations, for example the UK where Home Office estimates suggested 10,000 to 13,000 victims in December 2015. This includes, forced work of various kinds, such as forced prostitution.[11] The UK has recently made an attempt to combat modern slavery via the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply