Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Another attack in London
Topic Started: Jun 18 2017, 06:51 PM (186 Views)
John D'Oh
Member Avatar
MAMIL
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/finsbury-park-number-of-casualties-after-vehicle-strikes-pedestrians-on-seven-sisters-road-a3567741.html

Somebody drove a van into people near Finsbury Park Mosque. There's also reports of stabbings, and an arrest. The Muslim Council of Great Britain are saying that Muslims were targeted, so it's not clear what kind of terrorism this is.
What do you mean "we", have you got a mouse in your pocket?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
:no:

The alleged driver was described as "white."

I wonder if this isn't retaliation for the previous attacks.
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

“IThe Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it.” - PJ O'Rourke
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

John D'Oh
Member Avatar
MAMIL
George K
Jun 18 2017, 07:11 PM
:no:

The alleged driver was described as "white."

I wonder if this isn't retaliation for the previous attacks.
That's what I thought, too. The Finsbury Park mosque did have a bad reputation for extremist preaching in the early 2000's, but it was raided by police and then closed down in 2003 and then re-opened with new management who I believe got rid of the extremists.
What do you mean "we", have you got a mouse in your pocket?

brenda
Member Avatar
No excuses for murdering. None. Horrible. :(
“Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
~A.A. Milne

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
That's the problem with political and religious violence, it escalates.

Luke's Dad
Member Avatar
I saw the thing coming out of the sky
Horrible and stupid.

Jolly
Member Avatar
Veni, vidi, vici
jon-nyc
Jun 19 2017, 01:07 AM
That's the problem with political and religious violence, it escalates.
Yep, once it hits a tipping point.
“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” - Heinlein

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
The Bengals have answered the questions
I was listening to NPR on the way to dentist this morn. A Muslim cleric was going on about how distressed they are at the rise in "Islamophobic" attacks.

And you expected what, exactly? Not that this is a good or justifiable act in any way - it is horrendous - but I cannot say I am surprised. The telling thing I heard was that this type of attack spikes a little after trigger events like Manchester and London Bridge, then goes back down. This is unlike the increasing drumbeat of Islamic extremist attacks we have seen since the late 70's.

"It’s difficult to win many games when we don’t score touchdowns" - Marvin Lewis after the loss to the Texans Sept 14, 2017

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply