Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Feel the need for speed?; On a budget?
Topic Started: Apr 20 2017, 04:21 PM (54 Views)
Jolly
Member Avatar
Veni, vidi, vici
http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/twelve-of-the-least-expensive-ways-to-go-150-mph/ss-AAh7GEi?li=BBnb7Kz

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

John D'Oh
Member Avatar
Agent of Disinformation
They appear to be suggesting I buy a used car that could once go at 150mph, pay around $10K, and then see how fast it can go now.

What could possibly go wrong?
What do you mean "we", have you got a mouse in your pocket?

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
While I understand the need for (insert Jeremy Clarkson voice here ->) POWERRRRRRR. I don't understand the need for speed. One of my partners used to say that an underpowered car is a dangerous car. I agree, to the extent that a lot of torque and the ability to accelerate quickly are important. But I don't see the need to go *that* fast. Other than a track, where is it useful?
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

ďItís very simple. In America we have the Evil Party and the Stupid Party. Sometimes these two parties get together and do something really evil and stupid. Thatís called bipartisanship.Ē

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
.Go Fiona!
I have to agree. In 6x years on this planet I have only been over 100 mph on a public road a handful of times. It's just not useful.

They also lost me when they put that horrid Pontiac GTO travesty in there.

Jolly
Member Avatar
Veni, vidi, vici
Fastest I've drove has been about 140. Fastest as a passenger was almost 160 in a Mustang with a 429 Cobrajet.

Either way, a simple bobble and they would have picked me up with a stick and a spoon.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply