Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Passengers; Don't remember if I posted this earlier
Topic Started: Nov 8 2016, 02:25 PM (99 Views)
George K
Member Avatar
Finally
Looks like fun.

Good trailer - it tells you the premise of the movie, introduces the characters, and doesn't really give anything away. I might go see this one in the theater. 3D would be great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BWWWQzTpNU&ab_channel=SonyPicturesEntertainment

A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

ďItís very simple. In America we have the Evil Party and the Stupid Party. Sometimes these two parties get together and do something really evil and stupid. Thatís called bipartisanship.Ē
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
Well, there's two hours I'll never get back.

Interesting premise: A ship carrying 5000 passengers and 450 crew is on a voyage to settle a new world. It's a journey that will take more than 140 years. Everyone is in suspended animation, with the ship being fully automated. The ship encounters (cliche' alert) a meteor storm that screws up some of the systems, and one passenger, Chris Pratt is awakened with 90 years to go to his destination.

Spoiler: click to toggle

THe good part was that we get to see Jennifer Lawrence in a bathing suit a couple of times.

Two stars.
Edited by George K, Mar 18 2017, 11:47 AM.

- Mik, 6/14/08

ďItís very simple. In America we have the Evil Party and the Stupid Party. Sometimes these two parties get together and do something really evil and stupid. Thatís called bipartisanship.Ē

Horace
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
George K
Mar 18 2017, 11:46 AM
Two stars.
Yes, it had those. Too bad about the rest of it.
As a good person, I implore you to do as I, a good person, do. Be good. Do NOT be bad. If you see bad, end bad. End it in yourself, and end it in others. By any means necessary, the good must conquer the bad. Good people know this. Do you know this? Are you good?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
Horace
Mar 18 2017, 12:13 PM
George K
Mar 18 2017, 11:46 AM
Two stars.
Yes, it had those. Too bad about the rest of it.
:lol2:

- Mik, 6/14/08

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
.Go Fiona!
Yeah, when I saw the previews I thought about going. Then I started ruminating on exactly where they could take that story. My conclusion was... nowhere. All permutations had already occurred to me and been played out.

Hollywood is in trouble, despite their chest thumping self-promotion.

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop

I hope they remembered to be preachy about programs that Mr. Trump will probably cut.
The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply