Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thanksgiving Plans?
Topic Started: Nov 23 2015, 11:57 AM (361 Views)
Luke's Dad
Member Avatar
Emperor Pengin
We're driving to Centre, Alabama. Karla's dad recently moved there. We'll be visiting for three days. I was wondering what we would be doing for all three days until I saw this picture online:

Posted Image

What are your plans?
The problem with having an open mind is that people keep trying to put things in it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

John D'Oh
Member Avatar
MAMIL
I'm going to England. How messed up is that?

I have to travel with work, so I figured I'd fly out on Wednesday night, get to spend 2 days and 2 weekends with my mum, work for a week, and lose no vacation.

I'm very disappointed to be missing turkey day as it's my favourite holiday, but seeing my mum is good, and this way I spend more time with Mrs. D'Oh and the kids at Christmas.
What do you mean "we", have you got a mouse in your pocket?

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
Posted Image

D4 is spending TG with her boyfriend's family, and I'm (!) working on Friday, so we're going to do Turkey on Saturday.

Safe travels, John.
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

I'd rather listen to an hour of Abba than an hour of The Beatles.
- Klaus, 4/29/18

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop
Some relatives are coming for a couple days. For the first time in 27 years I'll be home for Thanksgiving.
The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
Just the three of us here in NC.
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

Friday
Senior Carp
Luke's Dad
Nov 23 2015, 11:57 AM
We're driving to Centre, Alabama. Karla's dad recently moved there. We'll be visiting for three days. I was wondering what we would be doing for all three days until I saw this picture online:

Posted Image

What are your plans?

Is that someone's front yard?

Oh, and Thanksgiving is at my house this year. :dead:

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
Not much this year. The church had the annual pig roast Saturday. Sunday, both of my kids were home, so roast beast and turkey complete with trimmings were had by all.
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
Wife's family thursday, mine Friday or Saturday.
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead - Lucille Ball

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
I'm going to sleep all day...
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

JBryan
Member Avatar
I am the grey one
My wife is in Shanghai until early January so I am not doing much this year for any holiday.
"Any man who would make an X rated movie should be forced to take his daughter to see it". - John Wayne

There is a line we cross when we go from "I will believe it when I see it" to "I will see it when I believe it".

Henry II: I marvel at you after all these years. Still like a democratic drawbridge: going down for everybody.

Eleanor: At my age there's not much traffic anymore.

From The Lion in Winter.

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
JBryan
Nov 24 2015, 05:12 AM
My wife is in Shanghai until early January so I am not doing much this year for any holiday.
We're doing it on Saturday - you have time to come over!

- Mik, 6/14/08

- Klaus, 4/29/18

JBryan
Member Avatar
I am the grey one
Thanks for the offer!

The weather looks to be real iffy for travel to Chicago, however.
"Any man who would make an X rated movie should be forced to take his daughter to see it". - John Wayne

There is a line we cross when we go from "I will believe it when I see it" to "I will see it when I believe it".

Henry II: I marvel at you after all these years. Still like a democratic drawbridge: going down for everybody.

From The Lion in Winter.

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
Who said anything about flying?

Posted Image

It's an overnight, with a connection in Fort Worth.

- Mik, 6/14/08

- Klaus, 4/29/18

LWpianistin
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Working, back home to cook some stuff, then to his mom's house, then back to work, then maybe back to her's for more food or we'll visit some friends.
And how are you today?

JBryan
Member Avatar
I am the grey one
A tempting offer but I will not be able to clear some other things from my schedule. Like I would need to board the birds. It does look like a nice way to take a trip to Chicago and I may avail myself (and my wife) of that in the future.
Edited by JBryan, Nov 24 2015, 07:21 AM.

From The Lion in Winter.

bachophile
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
I'm back from my california trip

thursday night will have kids and a colleague from work, a thoracic surgeon originally from boston.

i brought back some brine, just to try out a new way to prep the bird.

Posted Image
"I don't know much about classical music. For years I thought the Goldberg Variations were something Mr. and Mrs. Goldberg did on their wedding night." Woody Allen

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop

It seems these touching Christmas scenes come earlier each year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nQIHn69sgY

The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply