Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hollywood makes me sick
Topic Started: Feb 23 2015, 09:56 AM (213 Views)
Nobody's Sock
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
I suffered through the Academy Awards last night. It had some scattered nice moments but overall, a boring acceptance speech fest as usual.

But what got my dander rising, was this unabashed apologetic tone to African Americans throughout the whole show. Sheesh, they brought up every black actor/actress they could find to give out awards and such.

you guys are right, Hollywood is a bunch of narcisstic whiney liberal pussies.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
I think NS is pulling our collective leg. :yelling:
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead - Lucille Ball

brenda
Member Avatar
NS, you wouldn't do that, would you? :sombrero:
“Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
~A.A. Milne

Nobody's Sock
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Not on this.

John Legend sang the song "Glory" from the movie "Selma", and after comes out and states, "there are more african americans incarcerated today than there were slaves in 1850". And your point being John???? Yeah, they're all in there just because they're black. Deys really nice boys, dey diddin do nuffin.
Edited by Nobody's Sock, Feb 23 2015, 10:34 AM.

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop
So you're saying they should all be locked up.
The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
I'm saying the Academy is irrelevant.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/02/22/two-thirds-of-best-picture-winners-since-1979-lost-at-the-box-office/
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
50 movies that didn't win an Oscar...of any kind:

http://www.gamesradar.com/50-movies-you-won-t-believe-didn-t-win-oscars/

And, another pretty neat list. Note how many of the best 100 pictures of all time did not win Best Picture:

http://www.filmsite.org/noawards4.html
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Friday
Senior Carp
Nobody's Sock
Feb 23 2015, 10:34 AM
Not on this.

John Legend sang the song "Glory" from the movie "Selma", and after comes out and states, "there are more african americans incarcerated today than there were slaves in 1850". And your point being John???? Yeah, they're all in there just because they're black. Deys really nice boys, dey diddin do nuffin.
I didn't get his point either. Was it that, "There are more African Americans incarcerated...."

because there are more black people in general?

because society has unfairly put them there?

because African Americans are predisposed to be incarcerated?

because this country secretly wants to keep them enslaved, one way or another?

John D'Oh
Member Avatar
MAMIL
Jolly
Feb 23 2015, 10:59 AM
I'm saying the Academy is irrelevant.
It's not irrelevant if over 40 million people watch the Oscars.

The idea is genius - they wrap up a big marketing blitz for Hollywood and pretend it's an awards ceremony, when it all it really does is hype up movies across the board. Presumably the TV networks actually pay for the privilege of screening this thing - IOW, they're getting paid to advertise themselves!
What do you mean "we", have you got a mouse in your pocket?

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Hollywood is full of people who think because they are famous and rich they automatically become smarter than everyone else, when in reality most of them couldn't get a job working at anything else. Most of them are incapable of thinking deeper than a mud puddle, so they champion "causes" that makes all the rest of the dimwits they surround themselves pat them on the back.

Of the Pokatwat Tribe

John D'Oh
Member Avatar
MAMIL
Larry
Feb 23 2015, 11:25 AM
Hollywood is full of people who think because they are famous and rich they automatically become smarter than everyone else, when in reality most of them couldn't get a job working at anything else. Most of them are incapable of thinking deeper than a mud puddle, so they champion "causes" that makes all the rest of the dimwits they surround themselves pat them on the back.

So it's pretty much like Washington but with nicer weather.
What do you mean "we", have you got a mouse in your pocket?

Nobody's Sock
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Friday
Feb 23 2015, 11:13 AM
Nobody's Sock
Feb 23 2015, 10:34 AM
Not on this.

I didn't get his point either. Was it that, "There are more African Americans incarcerated...."

because there are more black people in general?

because society has unfairly put them there?

because African Americans are predisposed to be incarcerated?

because this country secretly wants to keep them enslaved, one way or another?

I'm sure it was numbers 2 and 3 on your list.

John Legend the black ivy league kid with a honorary doctorate who became a millionaire up there defending criminals because they are black.

Comparing slavery to the lives of black people today. Really? Slavery was not a choice, breaking the law is.

Addressing a room full of black millionaires and Oprah.. one of the richest women in the world.

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
Legend went to the same high school I did. Of course he started at 12, being a smart little bugger.

And yeah, people are in prison because they committed crimes. Stop being thug criminals and you won't go to jail. I know. I gave up my felonious ways and have not been in jail since.
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead - Lucille Ball

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
Well, I have been in to bail some people out, but that's different.

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
I was in jail only once, and that was just overnight.. in the drunk tank.

They told me the next day that I thought I was trying to open the door to my motel room on the 3rd floor but was actually on the 2nd floor, and scared the crap out of this old couple.. who called the cops... and it seems that I knocked a couple of them over the rail when they tried to handcuff me....

I don't remember much about it.. but after that, as Ron White says..."I don't know how many of them it would have taken to kick my ass... but I know how many they brought...."
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply