Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Neeed PC help -- Wibu Systems Shell Extension error?
Topic Started: Dec 30 2011, 10:37 PM (2,982 Views)
ivorythumper
Member Avatar
I am so adjective that I verb nouns!
In Windows Explorer if I try to make a new folder, I get a system error:

WIBU Systems Shell Extension
WibuShellExt64 fatal error - undocumented/internal (0)

after closing that window I get

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime error!
Programs: (this is blank, no programs listed)

I have not found much online about Wibu errors.

I went to msconfig > general > selective startup > unchecked "load start up items"
and > Services > "Hide all Microsoft Services" > disable all

Rolled back to a check point a few days ago when there was no problem.

Restarted in Safemode

Scanned with malbyteware (no problems)

Scanned with ARO 2011 fixed some errors, but didn't solve the issue.

Restarted -- same problem

Any ideas????

The dogma lives loudly within me.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Klaus
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Well, do you have any software from Wibu systems installed? If yes, then deinstalling it will probably fix the error. Note that the Wibu software may be a part of some bigger software component.
Trifonov Fleisher Klaus Sokolov Zimmerman

ivorythumper
Member Avatar
Klaus
Dec 31 2011, 04:40 AM
Well, do you have any software from Wibu systems installed? If yes, then deinstalling it will probably fix the error. Note that the Wibu software may be a part of some bigger software component.
Yes, there is a whole Wibu section that seems resident in Windows7 -- though I have no idea what it does. The Registry also has a massive area in the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.

Must be some kind of software conflict since it doesn't happen when I clean boot with all the nonessentials turned off.

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
Might have a corrupted file in some new add-in.

I just picked up a 'Win 7 Home Security 2012' virus yesterday that i now have to clean. Thanks, Titanium. Thanks a lot.
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead - Lucille Ball

JBryan
Member Avatar
I am the grey one
Mikhailoh
Dec 31 2011, 10:44 AM
I just picked up a 'Win 7 Home Security 2012' virus yesterday that i now have to clean. Thanks, Titanium. Thanks a lot.
I got the XP version of that this morning. Claimed to be scanning my system (took all of 10 seconds) and found several viruses that I needed to update Windows XP Security 2012 to fix. Of course, I did not fall for that but in the proces of opening it had shut down all my browsers, my anti-virus (ESET) and Wndows Firewall. I rebooted the machine and ESET found the crittter in memory and eliminated it but I could not open any program and ESET and the firewall would not start up. I had to roll back to a restore point. PITA really.
"Any man who would make an X rated movie should be forced to take his daughter to see it". - John Wayne

There is a line we cross when we go from "I will believe it when I see it" to "I will see it when I believe it".

Henry II: I marvel at you after all these years. Still like a democratic drawbridge: going down for everybody.

Eleanor: At my age there's not much traffic anymore.

From The Lion in Winter.

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
Y'all know I'm selling a Mac, right?
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

ivorythumper
Member Avatar
JBryan
Dec 31 2011, 11:56 AM
Mikhailoh
Dec 31 2011, 10:44 AM
I got the XP version of that this morning. Claimed to be scanning my system (took all of 10 seconds) and found several viruses that I needed to update Windows XP Security 2012 to fix. Of course, I did not fall for that but in the proces of opening it had shut down all my browsers, my anti-virus (ESET) and Wndows Firewall. I rebooted the machine and ESET found the crittter in memory and eliminated it but I could not open any program and ESET and the firewall would not start up. I had to roll back to a restore point. PITA really.
Same thing happened to me last week. Horsewhipping in public should be restored as an appropriate punishment.

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
jon-nyc
Dec 31 2011, 12:02 PM
Y'all know I'm selling a Mac, right?
Still got all that good data on the drive, right?
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

I'd rather listen to an hour of Abba than an hour of The Beatles.
- Klaus, 4/29/18

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
I just had it replaced with a new 2T drive.
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply