Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Top 10 Badasses of the World's Special Forces
Topic Started: Dec 2 2011, 07:30 PM (989 Views)
George K
Member Avatar
10/4/0
Here is a list for us James Bond wannabes. This list looks at 10 of the special forces from around the world that have the honor of being the most elite and – consequently – badass.

http://listverse.com/2010/01/11/top-10-badasses-of-the-worlds-special-forces/

Fixed...
Edited by George K, Dec 2 2011, 07:39 PM.
"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
Mik, 6/14/08

"Remember, whenever the word "justice" is modified by an adjective, it's not justice - it's payback."

A guide to GKSR: Click
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Piano*Dad
Member Avatar
Pisa-Carp
You might want to edit the title. I'm not really sure what a basass is? A badass with a bazooka? :lol2:

Bond, James Bond
Member Avatar
Middle Aged Carp
George K
Dec 2 2011, 07:30 PM
Here is a list for us James Bond wannabes.
Please.
Like Austin Powers, only more mature.

ivorythumper
Member Avatar
I am so adjective that I verb nouns!
Good ad placement!

Posted Image
Dyslexics are teople poo.

Red Rice
Member Avatar
Bull-Carp
The most highly trained US Special Ops Force is the US Air Force Pararescue. Their training and fitness greatly exceeds that of Navy SEALs.

From Wiki:
Quote:

The process of becoming a "PJ" is known informally as "the Pipeline" or "Superman School."[8] Successfully completing it takes about two years of intense physical and mental effort. Of the many who begin the process, only the most determined will graduate; sometimes as few as four to six from a class of nearly 100. From start to finish the drop out rate is about 90 percent from each class, the highest training dropout rate in the entire U.S. Special Operations community.

edit: the other thing to remember is that some countries' special forces are so secretive (the CIA's SAD/SOG, Canada's JTF2 and China's PLA Special Ops Forces, for example) that it's difficult to assess their capabilities and compare them.
Norris, you fvck up. You fvck up real bad.

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Holy ****ing ****
Are you trying to tell us that that list isn't definitive? I don't think any of us is going to buy that, RR, after all, it got published on the internet and everything.
I'm low-info, and I vote.

George K
Member Avatar
10/4/0
jon-nyc
Dec 3 2011, 02:11 AM
I don't think any of us is going to buy that, RR, after all, it got published on the internet and everything.
Didn't Lincoln say something like that?
"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
Mik, 6/14/08

"Remember, whenever the word "justice" is modified by an adjective, it's not justice - it's payback."

A guide to GKSR: Click

Jolly
Member Avatar
Veni, vidi, vici
Red Rice
Dec 2 2011, 08:42 PM
The most highly trained US Special Ops Force is the US Air Force Pararescue. Their training and fitness greatly exceeds that of Navy SEALs.

From Wiki:
Quote:

The process of becoming a "PJ" is known informally as "the Pipeline" or "Superman School."[8] Successfully completing it takes about two years of intense physical and mental effort. Of the many who begin the process, only the most determined will graduate; sometimes as few as four to six from a class of nearly 100. From start to finish the drop out rate is about 90 percent from each class, the highest training dropout rate in the entire U.S. Special Operations community.

edit: the other thing to remember is that some countries' special forces are so secretive (the CIA's SAD/SOG, Canada's JTF2 and China's PLA Special Ops Forces, for example) that it's difficult to assess their capabilities and compare them.
Lots of greenie beanies in the paras.

Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare. - Anonymous Internet Poster

AndyD
Member Avatar
Senior Carp
:blah:

the number one was never in doubt

:smooch:

Every morning the soul is once again as good as new, and again one offers it to one's brothers & sisters in life (MH)

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you (JB)

Jolly
Member Avatar
Veni, vidi, vici
AndyD
Dec 3 2011, 10:18 AM

Yeah, but look how many come from the same country....

Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare. - Anonymous Internet Poster

LWpianistin
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
While I was reading, I was waiting to see the SAS. Best for last!
And how are you today?

John D'Oh
Member Avatar
Agent of Disinformation
Jolly
Dec 3 2011, 10:25 AM
AndyD
Dec 3 2011, 10:18 AM

Yeah, but look how many come from the same country....
We prefer quality over quantity :biggrin:

I used to be in the SAS, as it happens, but I don't want to talk about it.
"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it!" ~ Edward M. Kennedy

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Holy ****ing ****
Dude that flight you took to Stockholm doesn't count.
I'm low-info, and I vote.

AndyD
Member Avatar
Senior Carp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vh-wEXvdW8

Every morning the soul is once again as good as new, and again one offers it to one's brothers & sisters in life (MH)

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you (JB)

Chris Aher
Member Avatar
Middle Aged Carp
I wonder how many of the SAS are actually Scots. ;)

As I recall, they have only two threat levels, "We' pissed off" and "Let's get the bastards!".
Regards,
Chris

Luke's Dad
Member Avatar
It's about #$&* time
Israel's shoulda been ranked higher.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply